Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targaryen_Warrior

Reaction score
I am hopeful the season will be entertaining with another underdog cup victory. A repeat would be swell :)

Contesting Europe shall also be interesting given our aspirations to rejoin the top flight. I'd suggest we have a great chance, along with Brighton and QPR.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am hopeful the season will be entertaining with another underdog cup victory. A repeat would be swell :)

Contesting Europe shall also be interesting given our aspirations to rejoin the top flight. I'd suggest we have a great chance, along with Brighton and QPR.

Brighton would have had a good chance if not for the whole Poyet mess. Now I think mid-table or at best an outside shot at the play-offs awaits.

Wigan and QPR I agree with and also think the likes of Leeds, Reading and Bolton will be in with a good chance.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
We are meant to be signing Higuain and Fellaini any day now, we should crush you tbh. Think Villa will struggle again this season, no meaningful buys, dont play their only true goalscorer and their best player is a keeper :lol:I am optimistic this season, with all our rivals changing managers we have a legit chance. Chelsea are the only ones who've improved and even then they have a shit, old squad.

The Higuain signing is expected it is just a case of when, but don't where you get that Fellaini is expected anyday now I don't know. Hope you do make a challenge it would be good for football.

As for our signings, it seems you are calling them meaningless because you have not heard of them, Lambert has an eye for a good player as he proved with Bentake and Vlaar, he knows he has to work on a tight budget and that is just what he is doing. If even only a couple of the new buys bring a bit of class to the team that would be enough to improve us, not to mention that it is adding numbers to a small squad, young players should be better this year too. Bentake got twenty last season so don't buy the claim that we leave our only true goal scorer on the bench. Expect a much improved season this time, we have a tough start mind.

Targaryen_Warrior

Reaction score
Brighton would have had a good chance if not for the whole Poyet mess. Now I think mid-table or at best an outside shot at the play-offs awaits.

Wigan and QPR I agree with and also think the likes of Leeds, Reading and Bolton will be in with a good chance.

Poyet mess? I didn't see anything about that :/

I kind of hope Leeds can get back up, moreso for the spectacle of them facing Manchester United again in the top flight.

Echo

Reaction score
Poyet was suspended by Brighton for reasons unknown and was then fired on live TV.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
IIRC, he was suspended because someone took a shit on the Crystal Palace dressing room floor before their playoff match.

Sounds ridiculous and fake, but Google it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Benteke has handed in a transfer request according to Sky Sports, very bad news for Villa especially with them looking to offload Darren Bent too, gonna struggle massively if he goes.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Arouna Kone nice little signing hopefully we can get a couple of years out of him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Arouna Kone nice little signing hopefully we can get a couple of years out of him.

You support Everton right? Was impressed with Kone last season, but this would be a step up for him, think your manager needs to relay on more than just ex-Wigan players, keeping Baines would help too.

Bentake may well leave, its 50/50, it would be a blow, but I still think we are in a good position to improve on last season.

CGS

Reaction score
Gonna go with Benteke to either Spurs or Arsenal. Although I would love to see us in the running as well for the guy

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Gonna go with Benteke to either Spurs or Arsenal. Although I would love to see us in the running as well for the guy

If you believe that he is a Arsenal fan and they make an offer then that is possible, but we won't sell for cheap and you get the impression that they already have their landmark signings lined up. Not sure about Spurs, depends on the offer and if he is willing to take a chance on missing out on the top four.

CGS

Reaction score
Don't see why he wouldn't wanna take the risk, Kid is young anyway and unless Chelsea or City come in for him, him missing champions league is gonna be a risk, Even Arsenal are not guarenteed Champo league these days.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't see why Arsenal would even want him to be honest, would rather stick with Giroud and go for Higuain like rumoured.

And :lmao at you basically shrugging off Tottenham like it's not an attractive offer.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Even Arsenal are not guarenteed Champo league these days.

.....yes, we are....who is gonna take our spot?

Liverpool aren't even the best team in Liverpool anymore, and Spurs can't finish above us with a 10 point lead in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.