• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Random Wrestling Chat

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Figured it'd be nice to get a thread going on just anything wrestling new or old. Feel free to discuss anything wrestling here, recent events seen, old matches you got a chance to watch, random notes on your favorite wrestlers, you do you.

Recently watched the Jan 31, 2000 episode of RAW, and the Feb 3 episode of SmackDown and boy they rightfully treat the Radicalz debut as an important. They put Benoit over big there.

Then I watched the Feb 7th Episode of RAW and man was Kane the most over motherfucker in the entire company at the time.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Kane has gotten some legendary pops in his career at various points tbh

I think they did him dirty by never giving him a real run with the WWF Championship. Even at this time he could have been huge. Imagine him stealing the show at WrestleMania 2000 by being Linda's choice instead of Foley (storyline could have been changed yeah) and actually stealing the victory?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah I think how over Kane was when he returned in early 2000 after X-Pac turned on him was severely underrated. I don't know if I can necessarily say I'd enjoy if he was pushed more, but I'll agree I'm a little surprised he wasn't.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
I rewatched The Shield vs The Wyatt Family from Elimination Chamber 2014 again yesterday, and it's still a GOAT match. Easily the best Shield match, and one of the few times I can tolerate Bray Wyatt.

Seth Rollins might also be at his best in-ring during this era, when The Shield were face. He was on FIRE.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
You'd have to at least state different reasons why he sucked, KIF. Don't be lazy

Triple H just recently celebrated 25 years with WWE. In that time, he is most well know for fucking a mannequin in a coffin on live TV. And people wonder why the audience went from 20 million a week to 2 million..

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I first think of the McMahon-Helmsley era and the GOAT level Trips was at in the year 2000 before Katie Vick but that's just me

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I've watched wrestling as long as I can remember, but I really started to "get" wrestling in the era where Triple H was leading Evolution. Batista giving Trips the thumbs down was one of my first "oh shit" moments as a fan and their matches at Mania and Vengeance had my full attention. I also distinctly remember watching when Kane lost his mask to Triple H. Also the three stages of hell match with Shawn Michaels was one that I had on VHS and I used to watch it on a daily basis. Looking back now, this is the era I remember Triple H best from. 2002-2005, basically. And even then, Katie Vick is far from the first thing that comes to mind for me.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
I remember late 1998 Triple H, post WM 14 Triple H as the leader of DX after Shawn left. That’s the Trips I grew up with, then McMahon/Helmsley era Trips.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
I grew up with Trips from 02 onward, but not including the Katie Vick stuff because I started watching a few months after that so I never really think about that when I think of him