• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate AEW Fyter Fest

What is your rating out of ten?

• Total voters

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Let's give our thoughts below!

Buy-In

Triple Threat Tag Team to Qualify For All Out

Best Friends Defeat Private Party and SCU

Dark Order creeps them the f-out.

Allie vs "The Librarian" Leva Bates

Bunny defeats Leva

Hardcore Match

Michael Nakazawa defeats Alex Jebailey

Main Show

CIMA vs Daniels

CIMA defeats Christopher Daniels

Women's Triple Threat

Riho defeats Nyla Rose and Yuka Sakazaki, pinning Rose

Fatal-Four-Way

Adam Page defeats Jimmy Havoc, MJF, and Jungle Boy, pinning Havoc

Cody vs Darby

Darby Allin and Cody wrestle to a 20-minute Time-Limit Draw.

ALSO SHAWN SPEARS AKA TYE DILLENGER FUCKING CAVES IN CODY'S HEAD I AM NOT KIDDING!

Elite vs Lucha

The Elite wins with a One-Winged Angel from Kenny on Laredo Kid

Non-Sanctioned Match

Jon Moxley wins against Joey Janela with the Paradim Shift (lifting Double Underhook DDT) onto Thumbtacks.

Kenny Omega lays out Moxley after the match to end the show, including a guitar shot, which never drew a dime, and a Paradigm Shift on a trash can.

Reactions: Crash and Solidus1

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
AHA! I KNEW Moxley would win against Joey! ? Yeah, I'm Glad Ambrose left WWE for AEW. He's much better at portraying his own character. Better than WWE's own Creative team... ?

Reactions: Rosie and Crash

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
10/10

Best PPV of the year. Better than Double or Nothing.. and way better than any WWE PPV.

Moxley and Janela put this over the top for me. I'm a sucker for barbed wire and thumbtacks, what can I say. I love hardcore wrestling.

Every match was great and entertaining. Can't think of anything to criticize.

Team AEW.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I gave it a 9/10 and I am sticking with it.

The only thing I knocked was the second match of the pre-show. Which shouldn't count, but I have to consider that. The Librarian stuff is a bit groan worthy at times and it really isn't my thing, aside from the promo against the gamers in attendence. Other than that, didn't do too much. The opening tag for the pre-show though was a treat and the Hardcore match was better than expected and was a fun comedy match.

The main show was filled with good to great matches, especially the last 3. Darby proved he bumps like a boss and he can hold his own with a likely main eventer, the six man tag was essentially a PWG lite match but it was still very fun, and the hardcore match was a great car crash.

Also: what do you guys think of the chairshot to the head thing? It was pretty devisive online and from what they said, the chair was gimmicked to not hurt as much, but something went wrong and Cody has no concussion but needed some staples in the back of his head.

Crash

Reaction score
8/10 for me, it was a really great show... I watched the first half live but I had to leave and just finished the rest this morning. While the show isn't 10/10 perfect for me, it still is the best wrestling PPV I have seen in a long time. Just a few things that still makes me cringe about AEW, like the Elite stuff or their style of humor and some stuff that I also disliked during 1 or 2 matches, but really minor stuff. Awesome looking forward for the next show and their TV debut.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I agree with Beavie the Librarian stuff needs to go. I forgot about that.. It's not getting over.

I enjoyed the match though. Leva Bates and Allie are great, but this Librarian gimmick sucks.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
it was pretty good. It didn't feel like a 10/10 or 9/10 to me though if I'm being honest. With them not having any weekly shows or secondary program to fall back on yet, I kinda see events like Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen as transitional PPVs to get to All Out, which is understandable. I mean, the boys had to bring out the tarps for Fyter Fest while All Out completely sold out in 15 minutes. I see stuff like this changing once they start on Wednesday nights though.

Cody/Darby with Shawn Spears coming out at the end was pretty cool. I feel like the chairshot to the head was for all the people who're absolutely drooling over the fact that AEW's TV-14, but I hope they don't overdo that in the future. Anything involving MJF is always great and the main event was everything I expected from this reincarnation of Jon Moxley. Really looking forward to Moxley vs Omega, definitely 2 completely different styles clashing.

Overall, I'm giving it a 7. It was all solid and good but like I said, it's kinda like the Road to Mania and I'm waiting for the big one, All Out

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
it was pretty good. It didn't feel like a 10/10 or 9/10 to me though if I'm being honest. With them not having any weekly shows or secondary program to fall back on yet, I kinda see events like Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen as transitional PPVs to get to All Out, which is understandable. I see stuff like this changing once they start on Wednesday nights though. I mean, the boys had to bring out the tarps for Fyter Fest while All Out completely sold out in 15 minutes.

Cody/Darby with Shawn Spears coming out at the end was pretty cool. I feel like the chairshot to the head was for all the people who're absolutely drooling over the fact that AEW's TV-14, but I hope they don't overdo that in the future. Anything involving MJF is always great and the main event was everything I expected from this reincarnation of Jon Moxley. Really looking forward to Moxley vs Omega, definitely 2 completely different styles clashing.

Overall, I'm giving it a 7. It was all solid and good but like I said, it's kinda like the Road to Mania and I'm waiting for the big one, All Out

I think the crowd at Fyter Fest was over 5k in an 8k arena which is actually pretty respectable for what is meant to be a "B show," if you will, especially considering WWE had 1500 for Smackdown and had 4000 for a PPV in an arena over twice the size of it. In fact, they originally planned the show up for about 3000 people and then allowed more tickets for sale.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think the crowd at Fyter Fest was over 5k in an 8k arena which is actually pretty respectable for what is meant to be a "B show," if you will, especially considering WWE had 1500 for Smackdown and had 4000 for a PPV in an arena over twice the size of it. In fact, they originally planned the show up for about 3000 people and then allowed more tickets for sale.

Not even a fair comparison for a company who only has had 2 shows. WWE does like 4 shows every week.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Would of expected them to sell out considering the hype and that this is their second. Guess AEW are just really shit at marketing. It's their second show ffs.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Not even a fair comparison for a company's who only had 2 shows. WWE does like 4 shows every week.

But a company that has an established brand for decades and is seen as the largest Wrestling company in the world. It's not like AEW is "uber amazing best ever etc," but considering several start-up wrestling companies can't even draw close to WWE with only two shows, it's enough to say it is impressive so far. And it is also a case of WWE over-saturating their own product. I'm interested to see how well they do once they are running weekly shows.

Reactions: Snowman1 and Crash