Shonie Carter To WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Highwave

Reaction score
outros-shonie-carter.jpg

According to MMAFIGHTING.COM
"I want to go to the WWE," Carter said. "I've talked to CM Punk about it. He works out at my gym. ...I'm coming to acknowledge the mid-life crisis that a lot of guys go through where they get a Corvette and a hot blonde girlfriend with big boobs. I've just decided to do the WWE."
Shonie Carter is retiring from mma and is making an attempt to become a WWE superstar.The decision came after 5 straight losses.Nothing has been confirmed by WWE.Carter is 38 can he fit in with the young talent?Could he be apart of next seasons NEXT?We seen MMA fighters cross over before.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/11/24/after-retiring-from-mma-shonie-carter-aims-for-the-wwe/

ThomC

Reaction score
While I agree with tombstone that Shonie is highly entertaining at this point I don't see it happening. He's not Ken Shamrock, at the time he was in WWE, the most dangerous man in the world. He reminds me of Norman Smiley to be honest. If he does start in with pro wrestling I think it will be random indy bookings.

Highwave

Reaction score
While I agree with tombstone that Shonie is highly entertaining at this point I don't see it happening. He's not Ken Shamrock, at the time he was in WWE, the most dangerous man in the world. He reminds me of Norman Smiley to be honest. If he does start in with pro wrestling I think it will be random indy bookings.

Another MMA fighter that made the transition was Dan "The Beast" Severn but just like shamrock he had a rep that helped him along.Shonnie might just have to do as you said but reading the article he wont mind considering he wants his in ring name to be OVERTIME,Some one with an MMA record of 83★matches 49★wins 26★losses wont have a problem putting in the work.

pumpt73

Reaction score
In all fairness, Shamrock was a professional wrestler before he ever stepped foot in a NHB (no holds barred)/MMA ring or cage. He worked for South Atlantic Pro and was trained by Buzz Sawyer and Nelson Royal. I could see Mr. International doing something in WWE. He's got the charisma and really a ready-made character. However, his age is a huge factor. Maybe not in the ring, or maybe not full time, but an appearance here or there wouldn't be bad for him.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Lol wtf since when did the ability to wrestle become an issue to the wwe? All about the look (doesn't have it) but he's a bonafide draw and a name. He coined the spinning back fist guys. His history in the cage makes him the undefeated monster heel or a john cena super babyface. His knowledge of martial arts makes him already the best entertainer in the wwe. It'd be kurt angle innovation all over again if he was dedicated. Considering how he's bashed his body in the cage his whole life with little pay I can assume he's done it for the rush and the crowd. I'm sure he'll fit in just fine in the wwe. He would be talented and ssssuper easy to book. Best thing for wwe right now is these big name washed up mma fighters.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Let me assure everyone right now that Shonie has made his money. I can assure you right now, he ain't hurtin. 2 years ago when I went to my 9th consecutive Arnold Classic, a close friend of mine who is a professional bodybuilder, is close friends with Shonie. We went to an "afterhours" which ended up being a strip club to meet up with him. The guy had a bankroll, driving a BMW 7 series, and had plenty of high end jewelry on. The thing is, he has to learn how to pull his punches. Granted WWE doesn't put much emphasis on good quality technical wrestling, but the guys are still well trained at their craft. Something Shonie would have to learn. If he doesn't learn to pull his punches or sell, the match is going to end up looking like shit and fans will notice right away.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Yeah because orton miz and cena are terrific wrestlers that keep fans on the edge of their seats during every minute of their matches. It's not a talent to be able to throw feint shots. Taking the bump and selling it is a talent. If edge made cena. Cm punk who trains with shonie can make shonie. Honestly you don't have to be any good to be a draw in the wwe.

pumpt73

Reaction score
To each their own Colin, but if he doesn't hone the craft, the fans will see it and bag him. And yes, for someone who doesn't pull punches for a living, it's something he has to master. Im not saying other guys aren't good or not good. Im talking about Carter and only Carter. Think what you want, but he has a lot of work to do. So since you don't have to be good to be a draw in the WWE, are you saying any Joe Shmoe off the street could walk into a WWE ring and work???

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Sorry Shonie, I just don't think you have the name recognition to get WWE's attention