So now that the hero has won...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kahuna

Reaction score
Who will be next WWE Champ?

In all of the things Daniel Bryan has overcome to become champ since early summer last year, he has legitimately run through every proverbial hoop set up for him to the point where I, personally, think there is no one on the card that can rightfully beat him... save for one guy.

He has beaten John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, Batista, gone through hell with groups like the Shield and Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family, and has (yet) to overcome a neck injury to keep the title when a few people thought it would have been it for him. Having him lose to any particular guy he beat before would be pointless in the grand event of his winning - he already went over everyone and any one to become champ and had a WrestleMania practically in his name.

There is only one guy I think who should and could beat Daniel Bryan...

That guy is Brock Lesnar. Why? Brock came back and has been hit or miss in terms of winning all his matches, but that is irrelevant now due to the simple fact the he beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. That trumps anything in my book, and even though people may disagree with me, having that under your belt whether its for storyline purposes or political reasons, makes you the guy to say "I get a shot."

Having Brock come back and most likely lose in lackluster feuds AFTER beating Undertaker would be like having Hogan beat Andre then lose the belt to Brutus the Barber Beefcake in the wake of that epic victory. There is nowhere for Brock Lesnar to go when he comes back, other than for the title and winning it.

Many people probably don't like the idea of Brock being champion or having him come back to end Bryan's dream, but he is the only logical person I can think of to do it. Ive heard people say "Brock is not around enough to be champion!" But I argue that with the simple statement as this:

The less you see of the Champ, the more important it feels when he is there. I wouldnt mind having him show up twice a month or whatever his current contract obligates him to work with the title. I'd rather see a beast with the belt show up every now and then rather than having the same guy show up for a year straight every week, in and out, with the same booking and anti-climatic deliverance that we have had with reigns by Orton, Del Rio and Cena and the like.

Im of the notion to believe that all things considered in this weird, hopeful time of WWE that this could be that big time David vs Goliath story where Goliath wins and David loses, and as of now the two guys who made WM 30 should be the two guys who feud and battle for the belt for a decent amount of time. I stated in an earlier thread about Taker losing, that Brock didn't need the title to cement his legacy now. I still stand by that, but if Brock is coming back and having some programs lined up for the summer, there is no one else he should face. Even if Brock were to lose, it would help Daniel Bryan but at the same time sort of beat the point of ending the streak to come back without winning the title and being THE guy for a considerable amount of time.

Anyone else facing and beating Daniel Bryan for the world title with a chance at beating him at this point would be completely ridiculous in my opinion.

Reactions: Twitchy

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Who will be next WWE Champ?

In all of the things Daniel Bryan has overcome to become champ since early summer last year, he has legitimately run through every proverbial hoop set up for him to the point where I, personally, think there is no one on the card that can rightfully beat him... save for one guy.

He has beaten John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, Batista, gone through hell with groups like the Shield and Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family, and has (yet) to overcome a neck injury to keep the title when a few people thought it would have been it for him. Having him lose to any particular guy he beat before would be pointless in the grand event of his winning - he already went over everyone and any one to become champ and had a WrestleMania practically in his name.

There is only one guy I think who should and could beat Daniel Bryan...

That guy is Brock Lesnar. Why? Brock came back and has been hit or miss in terms of winning all his matches, but that is irrelevant now due to the simple fact the he beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. That trumps anything in my book, and even though people may disagree with me, having that under your belt whether its for storyline purposes or political reasons, makes you the guy to say "I get a shot."

Having Brock come back and most likely lose in lackluster feuds AFTER beating Undertaker would be like having Hogan beat Andre then lose the belt to Brutus the Barber Beefcake in the wake of that epic victory. There is nowhere for Brock Lesnar to go when he comes back, other than for the title and winning it.

Many people probably don't like the idea of Brock being champion or having him come back to end Bryan's dream, but he is the only logical person I can think of to do it. Ive heard people say "Brock is not around enough to be champion!" But I argue that with the simple statement as this:

The less you see of the Champ, the more important it feels when he is there. I wouldnt mind having him show up twice a month or whatever his current contract obligates him to work with the title. I'd rather see a beast with the belt show up every now and then rather than having the same guy show up for a year straight every week, in and out, with the same booking and anti-climatic deliverance that we have had with reigns by Orton, Del Rio and Cena and the like.

Im of the notion to believe that all things considered in this weird, hopeful time of WWE that this could be that big time David vs Goliath story where Goliath wins and David loses, and as of now the two guys who made WM 30 should be the two guys who feud and battle for the belt for a decent amount of time. I stated in an earlier thread about Taker losing, that Brock didn't need the title to cement his legacy now. I still stand by that, but if Brock is coming back and having some programs lined up for the summer, there is no one else he should face. Even if Brock were to lose, it would help Daniel Bryan but at the same time sort of beat the point of ending the streak to come back without winning the title and being THE guy for a considerable amount of time.

Anyone else facing and beating Daniel Bryan for the world title with a chance at beating him at this point would be completely ridiculous in my opinion.

That makes a ton of sense to me aswell. There is no one else that can face him unless they were to randomly place someone in, for example Ryback when Punk was champ. Ryback was just thrown into the mix and then fell so quickly to the bottom as he did to the top. This could easily happen for others as well. I think the problem is that they have made the belt so unreachable with only having 5 guys battling for it. Its like the US title is now what the World title was when there were two 'main' belts.

Your idea with Brock is pretty spon on imo. I cant see anyone else going for the belt and it making sense. I think DB's neck injury will last a couple months and give him time to do promos and all that jazz. Mostly likely out until summerslam when Brock will most likely be back in the picture.

Where I disagree with you is having a part time champion. Brock however is a huge exception, and no other superstar can compare. Perhaps if they did put the belt on Brock Lesnar, the MITB winner could cash in on Brock right after his match with DB. Great post btw...

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE is not going to give their champion a WCW Hogan schedule, it hurt their TV product not having their champion there. Brock would be a great champion imo, but his schedule just doesn't make sense putting a title on him. he beat The Streak, he doesn't need anymore titles after that.

WWE is in their lul period, time to find their new Bret Harts and HBKs and have them carry the TV product through some dark times. Network is going to be their saving grace for awhile, because unless WWE can find some new guys that can get mainstream attention, it's going to be John Cena transitioned back into that title role.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
For what it's worth @Kahuna I just read a report earlier that the original plan prior to Bryan getting injured was for Brock to beat him for the title at SummerSlam and then Cesaro cash in on him and win it.

I understand you're reasoning behind seeing Brock less would make the title mean more but I dunno, I don't think I'd want to see that in all honesty. At least with The Rock leading into WrestleMania it worked because he was there virtually every RAW even if he wouldn't wrestle until the PPV's. I just don't think it would work with Brock skipping weeks and then showing up for a match with the title. I don't hate him for it but Brock is pretty much a money guy, I think he's perfectly happy with his schedule how it is and don't think he would want to "work" more dates just to hold a title.

I honestly don't know who the next logical step is, maybe they just go the easy route and give it to the MITB holder around SummerSlam time instead of dragging it out over months on end.

endicotton

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
The next guy looks to be Seth Rollins to me. They've turned him heel then made him the next show defeat Ziggler clean, and I can see him defeating more mid-carders clean such as Big Show etc over the coming weeks to lead up to him getting a title shot.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Sheamus beat Bryan in 18 secs, Lesnar should set a new WWE record for quickest squash.

Is it possible to get a 3 count in less than 3 seconds, because that should happen.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'll say it, if he ever wanted to play ball, how's the time for Sting to come in and get his glory run with the titles ... He's a star with some luster and could work the every raw schedule whole only wrestling ppv. Could also see Jericho being reached out to

Kahuna

Reaction score
Cork that was just an absolutely, undeniably and tediously dumb statement. I feel like I've lost brain cells just by reading it.

Anyway, this is off the cards now as Bryan has been stripped of the title and we will have a new champion in less than a month. Im assuming they already have their guy picked to be next champ, seems pretty linear. I just hope it is not Orton or Sheamus, Orton did nothing as champ and Sheamus is US Champ at the moment, it doesnt make sense. If they are pushing for Cesaro to win, its way too early in my opinion. I guess it was sort of the way to do it and dodges the bullet of Bryan having to lose to anyone in the long run, Im assuming he will return when he does and pick up in the chase again immediately... I just hope that it isnt an "against the authority" story again. Who knows who they will add to the shuffle, but I wonder if they have someone lined up, ala Triple H or Batista to come in as a late/surprise entry and take it by surprise.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Daniel Bryan just shrunk the WWE's stock by 1/3rd of a billion dollars, time to admit he is a failed experiment and for somebody with star quality to take over.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll say it, if he ever wanted to play ball, how's the time for Sting to come in and get his glory run with the titles ... He's a star with some luster and could work the every raw schedule whole only wrestling ppv. Could also see Jericho being reached out to

I think what OP is wanting to know is who's going to be the next mid-carderish guy to be made into a main event start though, not older guys like Jericho or Sting.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think what OP is wanting to know is who's going to be the next mid-carderish guy to be made into a main event start though, not older guys like Jericho or Sting.
WWE could put the title on anyone and there will be people who would find ways to bitch about it and second guess it all the way until they say "told ya so".

Problem with pushing green kids fresh from the indies, is that most Indy guys think they know it all, and that's a no no in the big leagues. Getting a shitty gimmick or jobbing to everyone is like being benched by the coach. Maybe some guys should stfu and listen to the agents.

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I think the new question here is... What happens when/if Bryan comes back? What does he do then? Go right back into the title hunt? As much as it sucks and I wanted to see Bryan have a good run with the titles, this makes things very interesting for the main event picture. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the situation and what programs they run going into the next few PPV's of the Summer.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Brock as Champ is really the only potential World Champ that really interests me right now. Orton or ADR would be nice, but they've been used so badly as of late they need a better build.

Reactions: The Cork

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Yeah at this point Brock would give an interesting spark back to the Title as it's unfortunately been somewhat absent due to Bryan's injury. In an odd way it would make the championship seem harder to obtain since 1. Brock is one of the more intimidating guys on the roster and 2. If he kept a somewhat part time schedule (not as dramatic and sparse as his current one) then it would make the appearance and title defenses of the Champ seem a bit more special.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Brock holding a title would be impossible, they just reintroduced that old rule if the 30 day compete clause, and with that limited dates schedule. It just doesn't seen smart to put a belt on a guy, you know will have to drop it quick and that would kill any momentum he would have heading into Mania.

Reactions: Dale