So, The Shield's streak is over I guess

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
After running through several top guys, what stopped them was John Cena... on his own. After booking these guys perfectly so far, they chuck away their winning streak in the most anti-climatic way possible. Honestly, did anyone come out the segment looking any stronger?

CMPuLs3

Reaction score
It seems like they'll play it off as they lost on purpose to put a hurting on John Cena.

inb4 Ryback is the leader of The Shield & they have all the titles coming out of Extreme Rules.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Normally I tend to understand the logic of having the guys going over on the ppv looking weak on the go home show. But this still ended with the Shield looking strong since the win was DQ, so by that logic the shield will lose their matches Sunday but I don't see that happening. So I don't really know how to feel about this. Was it really worth letting the shield get the defeat just so they could beat down Cena?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Super Dragon ending it I would have been down for.

134490643814.jpg

Look at that face. He'd do it stiff as well.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Wait a fucking second, that fucktard Cena ended The Shield's streak?!?!!?! :annoyed-85: *takes a deep breath*
:bitw: lol jk my fuck count is still a hard cold zero

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well, Cena came out of this looking incredibly strong. Any new viewer definitely believes in Cena after this... guess there's your positive spin.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
This made me mad enough last night just to go to sleep. It was so Blue... One of the most pathetic decisions WWE has made in recent history. They beat Undertaker + Hell No, Cena + Hell No, Sheamus + Orton + Big Show, so why waste it on another Cena + Hell No so Cena can look strong WHILE INJURED? Fuck you WWE, seriously fuck you.

Reaction score
Dont worry the Shield will take home all the titles!
Im not that much into Ryback but, he IS NOT a part of the Shield or will ever be.
That would destroy the Shield for me.
Still Ryback needs to win this match, he lost all his PPV matches.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It didn't REALLY make Cena look like he ended the streak. Firstly, if this had been just a normal tag team match, the Shield would have taken the victory as soon as Kane was DQed or the second Daniel Bryan was pinned. They've already beaten a different combination of these guys like two or three times anyway, so even if they managed to pull out a victory here, it wouldn't have made The Shield look weak or anything. We all know the trio are beatable, it's just a matter of pulling it off. Secondly, Roman Reigns got DQed because he was too pumped full of adrenaline and shoved the referee to the mat. Had he not done that, it would have been two on one and the odds of Cena prevailing with those odds is slim to none. There's no guarantee that Ambrose was gonna tap either, he may have made it to the ropes. I also don't recall the commentators making it out like The Shield were finally done for if not for the interference at the end. All I heard was that Michael Cole was saying how Cena got a tainted victory since it was by DQ.

A DQ finish is not anywhere near the same as a pin fall or submission victory. I'd still consider The Shield to be fairly undefeated as a trio.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Lol. I'm starting to think that Kevin works for the E.