The Downward Spiral of Jack Swagger

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Jack Swagger, his in ring style and size are the right tools to be at the top of the card. The big thing he lacks is charisma and in todays industry that's a huge thing. As said already in this thread, he needs a mouth piece and I think even though Vickie Guerrero went with Dolph instead doesn't mean that WWE couldn't groom a solid manager for him.

I still think Jack Swagger could bounce back, but then again I've said this about MVP and Carlito and we're all aware of the route they went. I just really hope that WWE realizes what they have and utilize him while he still has some sort of status.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
I like Swagger, and while people hated the Jericho'd version of him I was actually a fan. I mean the suit wasn't really needed, but that serious Swagger is what I'm talking about. Because they should of pushed why he was serious, and I did this as him in an e-fed, where Swagger says he's failed for so long because of how goofy he is. But once he's serious there isn't a man alive who can outwrestle him, I see Swagger as a good guy to be a threat and once he gets some wins under his belt to get that cocky side off. See I don't mean completely drop his personality, I mean more like the week after Santino beat him with the muppets he came out serious no nonsense and I liked that Be the cocky guy doing push ups but when you get mad you get serz. Because when Swagger was World champion the crowds were not silent, the crowds boo'd the hell out of him he just needed to own those boos a little more.

The downfall of Swagger I think was more they gave up on him, I mean Swagger showed he could have some good main event matches, he was getting heat, he was good on the mic, but I mean he started losing to everyone. He was pulling the curtain on Smackdown and not only that but losing those matches. All I'd really improve on is from what I see Swagger likes working the arm, and he needs to learn to work the leg a lot more. The announcers push his power a lot and so his Ankle Lock is looked at as a threat but throughout the match he only touches the leg to do the Ankle Lock.

But wasn't the reason Swagger never went anywhere because of some synthetic marijuana deal or something? thought I read something about that

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
I think Swagger has a lot of potential, but I think he desperately needs to be repackaged. The whole jock thing is so played out. It's one thing to have pro-wrestling ability be a focal point of your persona (CM Punk), but it's a whole 'nother thing to emphasize that your claim to fame is what you did before you became a pro-wrestler. It worked for Angle, but that was the Olympics.