The Official 2024 College Football Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Georgia beating the hell out of these Cocks!

• Haha
Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Pick six by Will Anderson!!!

14-0 Bama over UL-Monroe.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Punt blocked and Malachi Moore scoops it up for the touchdown!

It's now 21-0.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Damn lol

South Alabama almost pull off an upset against UCLA, losing 32-31.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Hot damn!

#11 Michigan State's losing to Washington 29-8 at halftime.

Also, UTSA's beating #21 Texas, 17-7 in the 3rd quarter.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Good to see Bama dominate Louisiana-Monroe 63-7, before they play their first SEC game against Vandy, next week.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I can't believe how close this Texas/UTSA game is :lmao this Longhorn team sucks bro

Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Same thing with NFL, I watch some games yesterday and enjoyed what I saw, and I like watching some of the smaller teams, for a lack of a better term, almost or do beat the bigger name teams like UTSA being 21 points behind texas and such. So yeah, i'll be watching and maybe soon i'll have to cheer and complain about.

Reactions: Doom and Chris

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Same thing with NFL, I watch some games yesterday and enjoyed what I saw, and I like watching some of the smaller teams, for a lack of a better term, almost or do beat the bigger name teams like UTSA being 21 points behind texas and such. So yeah, i'll be watching and maybe soon i'll have to cheer and complain about.
College football is my favorite sport, largely because of the smaller schools that can upset a bigger school on any given Saturday.

Of course, that doesn't apply to my favorite school. Saturday night almost pushed me over the edge. I'm a huge Florida Gators fan, and Mullen just left us in a horrible position. This team isn't very good. We have a QB who couldn't throw a ball in water off a damn boat. Gah, this rebuild is gonna be a lengthy one.

Reactions: Doom and Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
College football is my favorite sport, largely because of the smaller schools that can upset a bigger school on any given Saturday.

Of course, that doesn't apply to my favorite school. Saturday night almost pushed me over the edge. I'm a huge Florida Gators fan, and Mullen just left us in a horrible position. This team isn't very good. We have a QB who couldn't throw a ball in water off a damn boat. Gah, this rebuild is gonna be a lengthy one.
I understood about a quarter of what you said, lol, no fault of you. It is just that I literally just began watching because trying to watch football, or soccer as it is called in the states, isnt too hard, but when the only league of it you watch cant be watched in the States and due to certain things going the world just makes things a bit weird. So, I am trying to understand the rules, penalties, the players, coaches, different styles of playing, and more. And so, i really cant tell a bad play or bad Quarterback from one that is decent.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I understood about a quarter of what you said, lol, no fault of you. It is just that I literally just began watching because trying to watch football, or soccer as it is called in the states, isnt too hard, but when the only league of it you watch cant be watched in the States and due to certain things going the world just makes things a bit weird. So, I am trying to understand the rules, penalties, the players, coaches, different styles of playing, and more. And so, i really cant tell a bad play or bad Quarterback from one that is decent.
Thrilled to see a new fan! If I can ever answer any questions, I'm more than happy to.

Reactions: Alexa and Doom

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Thrilled to see a new fan! If I can ever answer any questions, I'm more than happy to.
Don't know if you can exactly answer this, but what team/s tend to run the ball more than pass it. When I watched the games I tended to enjoy watching them run it more often than passing especially on plays that got like 10+ yards.

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you can exactly answer this, but what team/s tend to run the ball more than pass it. When I watched the games I tended to enjoy watching them run it more often than passing especially on plays that got like 10+ yards.
Florida is a run-first team. I know the most about them because they're my favorite team. However, you should probably temper your expectations a bit, as 10-yard runs are hardly the norm. Florida is currenrtly a run-first team because we have a QB who couldn't throw a ball into water if he was standing on a damn boat lol. Alabama has been running the ball really well this year, as well. Their offense changes a lot year to year. That's something you will notice in college football more than pro, as college has a constatnt rotation of guys graduating, getting drafted to the NFL, transferring, etc.. A team who runs the ball a lot this year, may go to a more pass-heavy style next year based on the roster makeup.

Kentucky has been throwing the ball a lot this season, primarily because their starting RB has been suspended for a DUI. Not sure what that offense is gonna look like when he comes back in a couple weeks.

Teams that are in the Big 12 and the Pac 12 generally throw a lot. It's considered a "run and gun" or "air raid" offense. Ohio State (Big 10 Conference) is also currently pass heavy, as they have been getting some of the best wide receivers in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexa