Tony Khan Twitter Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
No it was still bad. The only person who got over during that was CM Punk. He made chicken shit then tried to turn it into Chicken Salad.
Lol OK dude , ur entitled to your extremely defensive and narrow opinion

Reactions: #Waddles

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
When did Hunter talk shit? He didn't. All he said was that he didn't want people who couldn't handle the grind of the WWE schedule. That's not knocking people. That's simple logic.

And yes when you are calling yourself a challenger brand like Pepsi the only way to make the comparison make sense is to say the other company is the name brand Coke. That's how comparisons work. I guess they don't teach that shit by you?

All he should have done is what he should always do. Make everything about AEW not about WWE. I don't get why that's difficult to understand.

Say "we are a challenger brand like Pepsi the other company is Coke." It's all about your company and now people aren't talking about WWE they're talking about AEW.
:heston hunters been talking shit since b4 aew started bro

He got ppl talking n ppl I'm a tizzy. Mission accomplished

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It brings me great joy the Vince dickriders are screeching ngl.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But ya, Vince actually raping ppl didn't slow down business or get ppl like you to stop watching. If you think tk shitposting on NFL network is gonna get ppl to mass stop watching aew n hurt aews brand, u live in a fantasy IWC land where ur personal upset is reality. It's not. 99.99999% of ppl don't give a shit about this whatsoever n will be on to the next thing by tomorrow

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
While I don’t think it’s going to hurt AEW at all, I do think it was a strange comment to make considering the time and place. Even the interviewers kind of nervously laughed it off like “Um, ok.”

At the end of the day, all it’s going to do is fuel the tribalism. You’re going to have the group of people that defend everything Tony Khan does and you’re going to have a group of people that think everything he does is Busch league.

So while it didn’t hurt, I don’t see how it helps. I think a better off comparison is they’re the New York Yankees and we’re the Tampa Bay Rays.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Saying "we are Pepsi and they're Coke" would be the straightforward comparison to make. If it wasn't obvious, TK saying "we're Pepsi and they're Harvey Weinstein" is a quip. It's not a literal comparison. It's absurdity for comedic effect, and obviously a dig at the competitor.

It is obviously hyperbolic, but we also can't sit here and act like it hasn't been systemic sexual misconduct in WWE for 40 years, that has included numerous staff and wrestlers, not just Vince, that may have only just stopped happening within the last several months.

I think you can be critical of the creative choice to air the All In footage. I was against it. I always think in wrestling there are many different routes you can take to get to a desired outcome, so I still wouldn't say it was 100% necessary to air it. However, the results are already starting to speak for themselves, from a fan feedback perspective at least. Perry's AEW return has been met with heat that most people couldn't have anticipated. The attack on TK and his selling the neck during the NFL draft has gotten so many people talking. From my perspective, it's been an extremely fun angle spawned from that segment. Anyone is free to disagree, but anecdotally, I don't see many unbiased parties who aren't really enjoying the direction this has taken.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
While I don’t think it’s going to hurt AEW at all, I do think it was a strange comment to make considering the time and place. Even the interviewers kind of nervously laughed it off like “Um, ok.”

At the end of the day, all it’s going to do is fuel the tribalism. You’re going to have the group of people that defend everything Tony Khan does and you’re going to have a group of people that think everything he does is Busch league.

So while it didn’t hurt, I don’t see how it helps. I think a better off comparison is they’re the New York Yankees and we’re the Tampa Bay Rays.
Reminds me of that promo where CM Punk was burying Cena for like 10 minutes and the comment thar finally made him snap was calling him the New York Yankees :lol Always thought that was such a weird breaking point, even understanding the deep hatred between Boston and New York

Reactions: Chris

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Reminds me of that promo where CM Punk was burying Cena for like 10 minutes and the comment thar finally made him snap was calling him the New York Yankees :lol Always thought that was such a weird breaking point, even understanding the deep hatred between Boston and New York
I was thinking about using that comparison but the Red Sox suck :lmao

• Haha

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
You sound pretty pressed lol

It didn't hurt aew lol there's 0 proof that it hurt them like every other time ppl like you screeched about words that hurt your feelings because it reminded you ur fave promotion was an abusive hellhole.

Why would tk say they are Coke n give a compliment. Hunter wants to talk his shit, this is what you get.

Stay mad :D
I mean fewer than 700k viewers, barely 2k attendance. Something is hurting AEW.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Will be forgotten about in a week other than "lol remember when Tony said this" every now and then.

Certainly won't hurt, can't imagine it helps much either. "Bald assholes" was both dumber and funnier and we really never think about it from a few months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoss

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Will be forgotten about in a week other than "lol remember when Tony said this" every now and then.

Certainly won't hurt, can't imagine it helps much either. "Bald assholes" was both dumber and funnier and we really never think about it from a few months ago.
I did forget about that lol.

I’m all for taking shots if they’re funny. This one felt like a miss in terms of entertainment. At least for me.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think the comment is whack as fuck tbh. Attack Vince as much as you want but attacking the WWE as a whole like that with everyone that’s currently in it is fucking stupid. Considering the current face of that company is man you worked closely with for years is just absurd to me. All the good he’d done this week with his product and integrating it into the draft and getting the lax public in on it is great, this shot was wack though.

Reactions: Cwalker

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I’m all for taking shots if they’re funny. This one felt like a miss in terms of entertainment. At least for me.
If nothing else I liked how baffled the NFL Network guys were

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Always been my rule too, I can't say I find this one as funny either but I do agree it was meant to be an absurd comparison for clickbait headlines anyway and the level of absurdity needed is there (neckbrace included)

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Tribalism is good for business whether we like it or not, n I'm not even advocating for the shot tk took. Just think it created ppl talking n that's all he gives a ahit about.

Ppl are also going to have to accept that talent are friends cross promotionally but Hunter n Co hate Khan and vice versa. It's been reported on a lot lately n even srs has said Vince especially tried to fuck over aew a lot with more than hell ever be able to report on. Expecting either top brass to play nice is not realistic anymore , neither side wants to n fueling fandom drives discussion and attention. On top of that wwe has been working their pr vs aew since day 1, ppl gonna have to accept aew will also do it. Hell wwe fotc was captain of the wwe haters club for a decade.