• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What If: Goldberg's Kick to Bret Hart Didn't End His Career

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Saw this on Twitter and the questioned is proposed to you all

I feel like he would have signed and stayed with TNA on one yea deals like Sting did up until Hogan got there and then jumped ship to WWE.

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I figure there's a decent chance he just retires when WCW closes. I'm assuming he had a Time Warner contract that woulda paid him to stay home anyways? If so, I definitely could see him just riding that out and then having the occasional match/appearance... definitely still coming back to WWE at some point or another to bury the hatchet and get a nice final payday.

Cwalker

Would’ve probably forgiven Vince sooner than he did.

Wrestles at Mania 22 or 23 against Angle

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
An alternate thought.

Bret, like Jeff Jarrett, can't run with WWE since Vince has a vendetta against both, so Bret actually becomes Jarrett's business partner for TNA and both run it as a pretty successful company without Russo.

Would almost be a universally better timeline than what really happened.

Deezy

DZ PZ
An alternate thought.

Bret, like Jeff Jarrett, can't run with WWE since Vince has a vendetta against both, so Bret actually becomes Jarrett's business partner for TNA and both run it as a pretty successful company without Russo.

Would almost be a universally better timeline than what really happened.
Bret isn't dumb enough to be a promoter or booker.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Yes, I didn't think I'd have to spell this out but there's a sweetspot there between Hogan not going with it and them not lasting where they could have tried to build it around Bret Hart.
That year had wat too many marks trying to be start ups.