World Prediction Championship 2023 Season Sign-Up Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
*Please read whole post*

After a unforeseen end of 2022 the time has finally come to reboot and begin the 2023 season of WPC. Due to myself taking over the role, some changes will be made this season (and more changes may be made going forward as we test things out) and for this reason I have a made a new sign up thread. There will also a big a second sign-up thread for tag teams that I will leave open all season, that thread will be the official thread to request tag teams, trios, etc so they stay official and easier for me too track and book.

The first decision made with a heavy heart is that all champion will relinquish their titles to begin the season. While this may seem extreme or unpopular, with some of the changes to the mid card belt and the hopeful addition of new players, I wanted to give everyone equal opportunity to begin the year. That means I will also drop both the world and tag championship myself, so this isn't a decision that won't affect yours truly.

Let's take a moment to thank all our years end champions:
Jeff
Swerve
Stormtrooper
Swerve in Flames (who will reliquish the titles after becoming the new record holders)

Some changes -
1 - WPC World title matches will be determined in a similar fashion : The cut-off will be top 6 (not including champion). The top ranked player without an asterisk will get the next title shot. An asterisk will be placed beside a top ranked player who fails to defeat the champion. A double asterisk will be placed beside a player's name when they tie the champion and fail to claim the title. A player will lose the asterisk besides their name after 3 events. A player with two asterisks will lose them after ONE event. In the event there is a tie both players will go head to head with the winners score going up against the champion (making it a triple threat) . In the event of a said "triple threat", the challenger will win on ties due to already having to beat another person. In the event of a three way tie, the champion retains. - ask if you have any question as this is new.

2- 1nteractive tile
We will continue the matchup system but will simplify things to just Ws Ls and Ties. I will hold a tournament to determine the initial winner. After that the championship will be defended every event (and EVERYONE will have a head to head match if possible for standings). The best record will take on the champion. Challengers who fail to defeat the champion will be unable to challenge until said champion is defeated.
SPECIAL RULE : Tie breakers will go to THE CHALLENGER. However, the 1nteractive Champion ALWAYS gets to pick first and the challenger CANNOT intentionally copy their picks. The champion will have the first 24h after OP to make their "uncopiable picks". If the champion fails to make their pick within that time frame, the challenger is allowed to post their picks and the champion cannot copy them. - work in progress, lmk if this doesn't make sense

3- HARDCORE title
This title will be defended in the low car, meaning the bottom 4-6 predictors (depending on how many ppl sign up). It will also be a CALL OUT championship. The champion will be given a list of eligible challengers and select their challenger. Champions will retain on draws except for multi man matches (same rules at World title)

4- Tag Title
no changes here other than PLEASE GO SIGNUP your teams in the tag thread.

Our first event will be the Royal Rumble so please get all your names in. Ill do a mass tag shortly as well. Please post here or PM me with any questions or comments or suggestions, I'm open to all that

current player list
Jeff
John McHenry
Juice
Lethal
Chris
4thy
Storm trooper
OldJay
The Gipper
Tommy Bedlam
King Jimmy
HoHo
Blazey boy
Dubble J
Necro
Mitch
Blaine
Matrix​

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
im down to clown. good luck making this your own Jeffro

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
roman-reigns-undisputed.gif

IN

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
once signups are closed if everyone hasn't paired up I'll randomize the rest so everyone ideally has a partner. if there's an odd person out they can free bird with a team until a new person joins

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
@Sasha is the third member of SMK - if a free bird special appearance ever needs to happen.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Jeff running this now? Lol