• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestleMania XL: Behind the Curtain

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
You know you’re in a new era when a board member and the head of creative both confirm that they called an audible on the Wrestlemania Match due to fan backlash. You’d never see this before.

Dale

Super Moderator
By Mike Johnson on 2024-04-11 09:21:00
WWE's WrestleMania XL: Behind the Curtain documentary did not debut yesterday on YouTube as announced, but there is a good reason for it, PWInsider.com has learned.

The word making the rounds is that due to the sheer amount of footage that the company shot over the course of the weekend, they are still assembling the film.

We are told it will be released as soon as they have locked in the final cut.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
That's kind of what I assumed, poor production people trying to meet that deadline tho lmao

Butters

That's Me!
tumblr_or3yqyrush1r1ult6o1_400.gifv

Chris

Dreams are Endless

“There is, believe it or not, there is an awesome doc that WWE… The Rock isn’t holding hostage until he has approval of every frame… Jesus. But there was, I think there was an error in terms of promoting it so soon because it wasn’t ready to come out. So, that was an error that was made. But this was a doc that I think went from 11 minutes to 45 minutes, now it’s over an hour. And it’s pretty awesome, and it will be coming out in some form pretty soon, is my understanding.”

Dale

Super Moderator
Quit yappin' and the release the damn thing already. It's gonna be held back to incorporate the buildup for Mania 41 at this rate.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I feel like I've barely heard this theory of Rock holding it hostage as opposed to them just not having their shit together when they advertised (like he's saying) but now I feel like maybe there's something there :lol

Dale

Super Moderator
I only saw it reported once and I forget who it even was. Basically just said something like it's delayed because it's waiting on Rock to watch it back and give his approval or some shit. In all honesty, I could actually believe it aswell because if they're trying to retell the story on how he came in and tried to take Cody's spot then i'm sure he'll want to made to look as good as possible :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Going from 15 to an hour long probably is the real reason tho all jokes aside. Just poor advertising and communication at first, or possibly they changed their mind bc it'll be better but literally just say "we're adding content" instead of leaving it in limbo I hate when these companies just try and forget they said shit lmao

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Obviously the going from 15 mintues to an hour plus is the thing. They didn't anticipate the immense hype around it (surprised they didn't catch that as the product was on fire).

We knew it was a shorter thing given that it was being released on Youtube. WWE doesn't release long form docs on their Youtube. They whip that out on The Cock.

To be honest, I think waiting is good as we can use this over the summer to satiate our Rock cravings until he can come back.