WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Wouldn't care about the lack of graphical upgrades if they just ported NBA 2k11's crew to NBA 2k14.

Literally just re-release NBA 2k11 and call it 2k14 and I would probably buy it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wasnt like 13 maxed out the graphics for the system, oh wait they damn near did, so anyone with sense knows its going to be tweaking the timings and settings of the players ... Pure mechanics for a better sim, which is what the game has always been a sim.

same thing happened on ps2 and the original Xbox too. They maxed it out around 6 so live looked better 7 and 8 but played worse
That's one thing you won't find me complaining about cause I knew going in they weren't going to up graphics and it didn't make sense to with next gen coming up. I like what they did with the mechanics they just had let downs on other parts of the game.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm shocked they didn't release a wii u version tbh. I mean some people paid 350 for that shit iirc. It also has comparable graphics to the 360 and ps3. I just thought 2k, live, etc would all release games for it unlike the wii

Last edited:

Mack

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not jumping on 2K14 right away either. I might just wait until next gen if I get a next gen console right away. Is there any real changes this year in the game?

1. We contract the league to 12 teams.
2. It becomes a vacant placeholder autodraft team in which the commissioners set the lineups on a weekly basis while we look for someone to take over.
3. We find someone else.
4. We let Canadian join.

Isn't there one more guy that's inactive and/or hasn't joined yahoo yet? If he's playing, I'm sure it can't be hard to find one other guy, right? Definitely not option 2.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well zigglerheel doesn't want in so still need to find another dude. Who is this Canadian dude you guys talking about and why does Brandon hate him? lol

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah, I'm not jumping on 2K14 right away either. I might just wait until next gen if I get a next gen console right away. Is there any real changes this year in the game?

Isn't there one more guy that's inactive and/or hasn't joined yahoo yet? If he's playing, I'm sure it can't be hard to find one other guy, right? Definitely not option 2.
The D, the passing, the dribbling, pick control, less 3 chucking effectiveness, post play tweak, play call alter, different rebounding sorta, and tweaked foul physics.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Well zigglerheel doesn't want in so still need to find another dude. Who is this Canadian dude you guys talking about and why does Brandon hate him? lol

His name is Canadian on WF. He's a bandwagoner, knows very little about the NBA, and everybody shits on him routinely. He's had several mental breakdowns (most of which occur when he's called out for being a bandwagoner, which he denies, despite concrete evidence that he is), the most recent being a couple days ago. It happened here: Fuck Biast, CANADIAN'S MELTDOWN - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums (Sorry if you guys have a rule against linking to other wrestling forums)

It starts with his first post, and it went off the rails from there. Ever since that happened, he's been trying to get back into everybody's good graces by acting all buddy-buddy, but he's just being fucking annoying. Chico, for some reason, recruited him, even though we had a full league at the time.

Please, by all means, add him. Just let it be known that he has little knowlege, will be prone to Killswitch/Baller-like trades, and I will shit on him repeatedly.

I'm of the belief that Chico recruited Canadian, and asked BRJP behind the scenes to step out and send GA that PM, since BRJP has been mostly a place-filler. Also, I don't see why Magic and Chico think I'm outnumbered, seeing as those two are the only ones firmly in favor, and Noto and I are against.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If he's really going to be another Killswitch/Baller type of guy then we need to just get someone else cause we really don't need another one of those in the league just for shits and giggles.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
I liked Chico's other idea, of getting somebody from RealGM or Rotoworld, since we know those people are knowledgeable of the sport in general, and things from s fantasy perspective. I've never joined up at either of them, though, so I wouldn't be the one doing the recruiting.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm cool with that idea as it would be good to have a new comer in this league be a knowledgeable one. Think a few of you guys are members on those sites if I'm not mistaken.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Just running the risk of getting someone from RealGM that will sign-up, (maybe) show up to the draft, and then disappear.

I'm really worn out on recruiting, I tried JM again last night but he's not up to it. Let me know if you guys have any luck.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
...This is why I wanted 12 teams. We keep our core without needing to grasp for random people who we don't know will be active.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker