WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
haven't been able to get on much with laptop broken. anyway, a win over psych has never felt so crappy. was planning on taking my seat belt off, sitting back, and cruising to an easy 1st round victory over psych or brandon, but psych did just enough to drop me to the 4th seed(the rook edged me out by like a quarter of a fuckin game), and in doing so changing the ball game completely. now i gotta go up against a more formidable opponent and someone i didn't picture seeing till the later rounds, sal, in which will surely by the big money making series of the 1st round. 2 originals who have both blazed their own trail in this league, facing off several times, but never with elimination at stake. there are some similarities between us, most evident being the fact our teams have the same logo, which the way i see it, needs to end once and for all. so how about a little side wager, sal? i propose that the loser of this match has to ditch the (chuckers)green logo. big time matchup though any way u look at it. i've been working on expanding the chuckers brand, with pro shops opening in egypt, "chuck's croutons" restaurant being built in belgium, and a site that will show reenactments of famous chucker games set to go in the philippines. nobody wants anything to do with a losing franchise though, so it's critical i pull this one out. 3 straight 1st round exits would be a tough pill to swallow, and would without a doubt hurt my standing in this league. gotta get it done.

Yes. I am willing to put my shitty generic logo that I put no thought into choosing on the line.

Last year I finally got that sweet taste of playoff victory after three miserable years as the Tracy McGrady of this league. Now that I've made one finals, I'm at best our league's 2007 LeBron James and at worst (and more likely) its 2009 Dwight Howard or 1999 Allen Iverson. My "acquire all Kobe Bryants" strategy may not have put me in the best position to succeed, but you know what? I'm here. It's the playoffs. If I'm going out early, you know how I'm going out.

shutupchico

Reaction score
wow, honest to god i was gonna do that a few hours ago, but thought i'd have at least the day to decide. no more playin around.

SAL

Reaction score
Had to do it because I screwed up and let James Anderson sit on my roster an extra day w/injury.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

SAL

Reaction score
I vote Showtime should be in the league next year. It'd get boring just making fun of notPSYCH.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You don't get a vote. His stupid ass wrote a check his ass couldn't cash. He made the bet, I'm holding him to it, like he would have done me along with some incessant ass gloating

Last edited:

SAL

Reaction score
notPSYCH, Kobe Bryant is still on your roster and you didn't put your starters into the lineup for your fucking playoff matchup, you're the one who doesn't get a vote.

Last edited:

Showtime

Reaction score
Yeah PSYCH I know.

But this still the playoffs and I'm not out yet. Going out MJ style.

Chicago-Bulls-Michael-Jordan-Last-Shot-Game-Six-vs-Utah-Jazz.gif

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Hey I thought I set them.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And Kobe is the coach, while all available PGs sucks and Mayo isn't playing

Showtime

Reaction score
^this is why I made this bet in the first place, btw.

Brandon also didn't set his lineups. lel what a great CO-COMMISH.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Week 20 Recap
Playoff seedings:
Drummond (1) vs THUNDER (8)
PSYCH (5) vs downtown chuckers(4)
Better Than you (3) vs MAMBA¯\_(ツ)_/¯LESS?? (6)
Run N Gun (2) vs OLADIPO + The BIG 3 (7)
------------------------------------------------
Playoff Preview
Drummond (1) vs THUNDER (8):
With a very convincing victory from Showtime to end the season he ended up winning the 8th seed to get in the playoffs. That is the good news but the bad news is the team he has to face is the hottest team in the league on a record breaking winning streak. Also doesn't help with news coming out that Russell Westbrook could sit back to backs which one of those back to backs happen this week. Showtime is going to have a tough task trying to pull off one of the biggest upsets in WS fantasy league history.
Prediction: Drummond: 8 THUNDER: 5
PSYCH (5) vs downtown chuckers (4):
Fellow Boston fans face off in this one is what should be one of the closer matchups of the playoffs. Both teams have spent most of their time this season in the top 5 seeds in the league. Chuckers look to start their road back to the finals where they were a few years ago while SAL up and until last year never had a playoff win but did get to the finals last year.
Prediction: PSYCH: 7 downtown chuckers: 6
Better Than you (3) vs MAMBA¯\_(ツ)_/¯LESS?? (6):
Cwalker's first year in the league has been a very successful one finishing with the 3rd best record in the league heading into the playoffs with a lot of momentum. However that momentum has fallen a bit flat now with news that Kyrie Irving is out at least 2 weeks. PSYCH who was laughed at early on in the season turned out to be better than everyone thought and finished 6th in the league. However with a banged up LMA and wasting a roster spot on Kobe Bryant who is pretty much shut down for the year unofficially he isn't in the best of shape himself.
Prediction: Better Than you: 8 vs MAMBA¯\_(ツ)_/¯LESS??: 5
Run N Gun vs OLADIPO + The Big 3
Thanks to the 8 - 3 vicory Run N Gun had against the very same team in week 20 the two teams meet again this time in the playoffs. These two teams played twice during the regular season and Run N Gun won both weeks therefor comes in as the clear favorite and Brandon the underdog.

-------------------------
Best & Worst moves of the week:
Best:
Run N Gun picks up Dorell Wright
Showtime picks up Hump
SAL drops Evan Turner
Worst:
PSYCH still holding on to Kobe entering playoffs
GA forgets to set lineup.
-----------------------------

Showtime

Reaction score
Nah Kobe was officially ruled out last week.

Young has also been out for over a month, but at least he's finally returning.

Noto isn't beating me. Griffin only has one more game this week and Drummond is missing Wednesday and at most can play twice this week. I don't see him being able to overcome that and I'm about to make my run to the finals.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I must have missed the official ruling since last I saw was that he was expected to be ruled out. But yeah PSYCH picking the wrong time to be Blue.