• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

SAIYANS

Nash or mayo was the pg choices, I mean logically mayo could make sense but did you miss the DNPs he piled up and that Nash was supposed to miss the rest of the year according to Dantoni? Kobe say was in a spot that wouldn't have been filled anyhow with the wire.

And even when you talked shit, I said I made the playoffs every year bar lockout. I picked up all these guys who did lil niches and started getting wins right when I said I would toward the end of December. Your bet was icing, but the fact is my teams have always been trade and wire assembled to get to a playoff spot withhold your "help or motivation"

Who should I have dropped Kobe for when you all took up the fantasy pg list? I had mayo mind you to the DNPs and flu. Tell me what was there to do besides get another SG or SF and then have to bench someone who was already at 2/3 like Manu, Allen, Kriver, Meeks?

And again the L was solely because Aldridge didn't play a playoff game

Makes no diff to me anyway, that's the deal. Say what I posted or you're done. No way around it at all as its generous to let you off and not hold you to your stupid ass bet that backfired like I said it would because I was a playoff team like always

It's also so gays for you to say I would have let psych off if he didn't make it or I won the bet when you knew for over 2 damn months you were fucked and on the losing end

Last edited:

Notorious

Pretty sure you added Kobe AFTER it was well known he wasn't gonna play again this season.

Adding fucking Pablo Prigioni would've been more useful than adding a player you knew wasn't gonna play again this season and just letting him sit in your starting lineup for weeks just because he's your favorite player.

It's beyond Blue.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Kobe wasn't even ruled out to after I added him. He was due for a medical evaluation and not shut down. Nash was shutdown according to Dantoni and. Mayo who I had got the plague

Showtime

I was telling the truth about letting you off. Once again I made that bet because you weren`t at all competing(and you weren`t this playoffs either, stop with the stupid excuses for having Kobe on your team because there is absolutely no justifiable reason to have add him in any way; if there`s no better point guard to add than add a different player at a different position which is infinity times better than an injured player). You didn`t lose because LA was hurt, you lost because you didn`t try to win at all and made absolutely no effort in replacing him or adding to your team. I lost Jrue, Martin, Korver(who I only traded because of my injuries), Vucevic, Westbrook, Farmer/Blake, etc etc etc etc on and on this year and I made moves throughout in hopes I could win the title and it allowed me to literally take the 1st seed down to the wire in a matchup even he thought I was going to win.

And you`re not some perennial contender. You`ve never gotten out of the second round, it`s been 4 years since you`ve even done that much, and you`ve never had a top 4 team. Ever. Your GM skills are literally comparable to that of Jim Buss. You take Kobe and surround him with a bunch of bums and hope he can somehow carry your team, like he did last year.

You want me to say some stupid line about minding my own business. No. Again. I`m not going to sit around while you ruin the balance of the league before the start of the year. I didn`t win the title last year because of the trade I made with you, but it sure the hell helped and if I never picked up Rose by dropping Vucevic that trade would have probably been enough to help me win the league. I`m not cool with you doing that every fucking year because you have a hard on for Laker players. It doesn`t make you a better fan, it just makes you come off pathetic. Your favorite athlete, Kobe, would hate how you play in this league because you`re against everything he stands for which is prioritizing WINNING and always contending for championships.

You`ve never been close to contending for championships nor have you made a finals, so don`t come at me with your stupid shit and say the way you run your team is just fine and dandy because it isn`t. SAL saved you this year, anyone with a brain can see that. Without that trade your moves with GA/Brandon would also never have been done and your hot streak would have ended a lot sooner than it did.

So I`ll say your stupid line if you say that you`ll actually be competitive and try to win next year and try to improve. I`ll mind my own fucking business if you do that much as I know, as well as everyone else in this league knows, that you`re capable of it.

Notorious

Kobe wasn't even ruled out to after I added him. He was due for a medical evaluation and not shut down. Nash was shutdown according to Dantoni and. Mayo who I had got the plague

Bro, be for real. Anyone with common sense knew Kobe wasn't coming back this season. Even before he was "officially" shut down for the season. Like I said picking up a Pablo Prigioni or a Devin Harris or even a damn Aaron Brooks would've been better than just letting an injured player sit in the starting lineup for weeks knowing he wasn't going to play. As Brandon/Magic can attest to, Derrick Rose is one of my favorite players. You didn't see me adding him even though everyone with common sense knows he wasn't going to play again this season. And besides even using your little "Kobe wasn't shut down for the season when I added him" argument, you still held on to Kobe even after he was shut down so therefore it makes you look like even more of a dumbass.

Your obsession with Kobe is pathetic. The fact that every year we have multiple people going out of their way to draft Kobe or any other Laker player you're infatuated with at the time just because they know you'll gut your team to trade for them is awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHX

SAL

You`ve never been close to contending for championships nor have you made a finals, so don`t come at me with your stupid shit and say the way you run your team is just fine and dandy because it isn`t. SAL saved you this year, anyone with a brain can see that. Without that trade your moves with GA/Brandon would also never have been done and your hot streak would have ended a lot sooner than it did.

:(

SAIYANS

3096818-spiderman-meme-generator-bye-bye-nice-knowing-you-f0d3e1.jpg

SAL

So guys, do I start a new thread to discuss whether notPSYCH gets to be in the league next year or should we just figure that out here?

PHX

Legacy Member
Sorry for the late recap been busy and @SAL here works.
-----
Week 21 Recap
Semifinals:

Drummond (1) vs PSYCH (5)
Better Than you (3) vs OLADIPO + The BIG 3 (7)
------------------------------------------------
Playoff matchup Preview
Drummond (1) vs PSYCH (5):

Interesting matchup here between Notorious who is still on a major roll defeating the defending champions and SAL who is looking to make the finals for the 2nd straight year after a nail biter with chico that he barely edged out. Key things in this matchup will be the Pop effect with how he handles resting Tony Parker and on SAL's side the fact that his best player Anthony Davis has 4 games this week.
Prediction: Drummond: 7 PSYCH: 6
Better Than you (3) vs OLADIPO + The Big 3 (7):
One team comes off of a easy win against a team who didn't exactly try much to overcome key injuries to his team. While the other team pulled off an upset victory over a 3 time championship team. Brandon has been to the 2nd round twice in this league but has yet to make it past that. This is CWalker's first time in this league and has a chance to make it to the finals in his first try. However with Kyrie Irving being out and Pau Gasol being injured he is not exactly coming into this matchup in good shape. Brandon of course has Dwayne Wade on his team who has 4 games this week but is always could miss a game and already has to open this round.
Prediction: Better Than you: 6 vs OLADIPO + The Big 3: 7
-------------------------
Best & Worst moves of the week:
Best:

Brandon saves streaming until last day of matchup
SAL picks up Dieng
Notorious picks up Drew Gooden
Worst:
PSYCH doesn't drop Kobe
PSYCH doesn't stream
Run N Gun picks up Randolph

I wonder how different things would have been if I had dropped McGee and Illysova right away

I guess in the end I screwed Psyche over because I have like 4 waiver wire PG?

Last edited:

SAIYANS

It was a damned if I do stream. If I cut Aldridge you guys would bitch I fucked up balance in the next round and you know it. And honestly no other guy I was using aside from Kobe should have been cut as Korver and Young were both day to day gametime decisions.

Mayos DNPs, the Blake trade, Lou, and a disdain for Pablo got me there.

shutupchico

It was a damned if I do stream. If I cut Aldridge you guys would bitch I fucked up balance in the next round and you know it. And honestly no other guy I was using aside from Kobe should have been cut as Korver and Young were both day to day gametime decisions.

Mayos DNPs, the Blake trade, Lou, and a disdain for Pablo got me there.

in the playoffs u do what u gotta do to survive. u should've cut aldridge, u u should've cut kobe, i should've cut duncan, i shouldn't have waited for brandon to pick up every fuckin free agent in the league. advance by any means necessery. i told myself i was gonna do that going into the season, but then thought i had such a great team going into the playoffs that even with a light schedule, i'd be good... nope. everything goes out the window in the playoffs. u fight, u claw, u kill.