• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WS Fantasy Basketball 2014-15

SAIYANS

psych do you think tobias>iggy?
As a complete player, no. The thing is reality vs fantasy. Iggy may play his role great, I expect him to excel even in the triangle adaptation Kerr is using, but I'm not sure that translates into great stats ... I liken him to Pippen in Portland

Tobias is young, a bit raw still, but I think he's the magics second best guy after Vucevic, and hat means most likely to get the minutes and attempts. He may never get the numbers Iggy used to get, but I don't think 15pts, 7 Rebs, 2 asts, and a steal is a lot to expect.

I'm expecting 12-15 ppg for all 3 guys I got. No one will be a 20ppg guy like Blake, but that said I'm hoping these balance my team with their rebounding and three point game. None of them are high turnover guys anyhow either

SAIYANS

My first thought was that you may have took Meeks just because he was in a less cramped time share. The warriors have some guys on the perimeter.

Barbosa, Rush, Livingston, Barnes, Green

I mean they can go small ball with the second group like Jackson used to and use Green at the 5 and Harrison at the 4, but if they play more traditionally, Iggy and the splash brothers should have their minute and work load reduced

All Meeks had to do is beat Pope ... I have Meeks and Caron both getting over 20 minutes a night in Detorit. I think Jennings is the one who has the rope on him with DJ waiting

Last edited:

SAIYANS

I expect Pope to have a big year and he's already having a great preseason.
I'm half way expecting him to be used as a backup 2/3 behind Meeks and Caron. I think minutes are there, but if they go with an 8 man group, I'd expect the bench to be DJ, Pope, and Drummond

PHX

Legacy Member
I'm half way expecting him to be used as a backup 2/3 behind Meeks and Caron. I think minutes are there, but if they go with an 8 man group, I'd expect the bench to be DJ, Pope, and Drummond
You are on crack if you think Drummond really gonna come off the bench :lmao It's either Josh or Monroe coming off the bench (I expect it to be Josh before they trade him) Drummond is a beast and no way are they putting any kind of handcuffs on him. He's pretty much the only one who's spot in the lineup is safe.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

You are on crack if you think Drummond really gonna come off the bench :lmao It's either Josh or Monroe coming off the bench (I expect it to be Josh before they trade him) Drummond is a beast and no way are they putting any kind of handcuffs on him. He's pretty much the only one who's spot in the lineup is safe.
He's also the most foul prone, injury prone, and offensively weakened in terms of post moves and free throws of any of them.

There's no law that says you cannot give all three of them the big minutes and run a rotation ... Phil did it with Lamar, Bynum, and Pau ... Now while none of those three pistons are as talented or as smart/skilled, they can all get around 30 minutes and hope to contend for a playoff spot if they are ran like LO, Bynum, and Pau were with no fourth big

Also you can get the fuck out a here if you think they are running the 4 out 1 in with Drummond as the post guy. He's not nearly as will imposing or durable as young Dwight in Orlando

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
He's also the most foul prone, injury prone, and offensively weakened in terms of post moves and free throws of any of them.

There's no law that says you cannot give all three of them the big minutes and run a rotation ... Phil did it with Lamar, Bynum, and Pau ... Now while none of those three pistons are as talented or as smart/skilled, they can all get around 30 minutes and hope to contend for a playoff spot if they are ran like LO, Bynum, and Pau were with no fourth big

Also you can get the fuck out a here if you think they are running the 4 out 1 in with Drummond as the post guy. He's not nearly as will imposing or durable as young Dwight in Orlando
And even with those weaknesses (though his post game has been worked on and improved I've heard) he is the future of that franchise and that has been made pretty clear. If he wasn't then there wouldn't have been talks to trade Josh or bench Josh or talks to trade Monroe or have him come off the bench, You won't find a single thing that indicates that Drummond won't the starting center. After how last year went I'll be shocked if Josh or Monroe aren't traded and like I said I'm pretty sure it is gonna be Josh.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Monroe on a 1-year deal is much, much easier to deal than Smoove on his contract. I'd be shocked if Monroe isn't traded. If they really wanted to keep him, they would've extended him.