• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WS Movie Log Discussion Thread

Shade

My first post in this part of the thread having added my Movie Log in the other day. So I caught Don't Worry Darling in the cinema yesterday. I thought the performance of Florence Pugh was very good. I also enjoyed seeing the likes of Nick Kroll, Harry Styles, Olivia Wilde and Chris Pine in this film. I was however let down by the ending of the film. I found the ending to be quite underwhelming. I'm returning to the cinema tonight for a showing of Bodies Bodies Bodies and will give my thoughts about that tomorrow.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
lXQTqF0.jpg

Describing a movie as a slow burner is almost a meme at this point. This is all atmopshere and crimson (and other assorted Halloween palette staples) shaded lighting soaking into every scene. The practical effects are truly wonderful. I guess the plot is too simple to tie it all together neatly. Still love it though.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
I never really liked Pumpkinhead back in the day but man that movie has grown on me like crazy. It's for sure one of my favourites now. I've really grown to appreciate it over the years. Just so much fun.

Marty McFourth

@Zany Clowny So I watched Rob Zombie's version of Halloween II last night, it's for sure grown on me since my first viewing. I remember really not liking it the first time around but keeping in mind it's so different, I've come to appreciate it a lot more. It's pretty dark and has some really neat ideas. I find Michael Myers to be pretty menacing in this one. That's one of the best qualities about it. I do still prefer his 2007 version, especially that final act but I'm glad I gave this another chance though with a much more open mind. I do like that he tried to do something different with both films. They're both good in their own ways.

Feel like I should give House of 1000 Corpses another go this month too. I always preferred Devil's Rejects but I could see me enjoying it more these days.

Marty McFourth

So I just got finished watching the Korean movie Parasite. God damn. Such an immersive, wild ride, I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen. Awesome performances. This is going to be one of those movies I keep thinking about weeks/months from now and watching many analysis videos about. I can see why it got so much acclaim.

Marty McFourth

Suspiria has got to be one of the most beautifully shot movies I've ever seen. I'm always in awe when I watch it, the visuals are just unreal. Like it's one of those movies I think is pretty close to being flawless. Jessica Harper is wonderful in the lead role. 70's were insanely good for the horror genre.

Marty McFourth

p9758980_p_v8_ah.jpg

Honestly a surprisingly good film. Pretty interesting as far as revenge horror films go too as there's not a lot of 'good' characters. Luke Evans is for sure the stand-out and makes this worth watching. His performance is menacing and some of the kills were awesome. Although seeing Tyrus (Yes, the wrestler) in this movie was a trip, I was not expecting that. :lol Turns out it's a WWE Studios movie which made a lot more sense, so definitely one of the best I've seen.

Marty McFourth

Hugo is already one of the most visually beautiful films I've had the pleasure of seeing. Some of these shots of Paris are so pretty.

Hugo-Clock-Tower.jpg

I'm surprised it's taken me this long to give this movie a proper look with it being by Scorsese. Seen pretty much all of his films at this point. Feels very different from a lot of his other work, I'm enjoying that a lot. Going to be giving this OST a listen afterwards too, it's so good.

Marty McFourth

Been a while since I watched one of the Sean Connery Bond movies in full. Man he was just so effortlessly cool in the role. He really was just perfect for the character. I think From Russia With Love might be my favourite of his, but it's very evenly matched with Goldfinger I feel.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
p9758980_p_v8_ah.jpg

Honestly a surprisingly good film. Pretty interesting as far as revenge horror films go too as there's not a lot of 'good' characters. Luke Evans is for sure the stand-out and makes this worth watching. His performance is menacing and some of the kills were awesome. Although seeing Tyrus (Yes, the wrestler) in this movie was a trip, I was not expecting that. :lol Turns out it's a WWE Studios movie which made a lot more sense, so definitely one of the best I've seen.
Tyrus' death is awesome.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Holy shit I completely forgot about Siggy Jr's death in the fourth season of Vikings.
The scene is horrible and the characters' reactions are so damn cruel. Can't believe Bjorn never mentioned her again after that.