• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WS Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame Discussion Thread

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Just a heads up since it's close to WrestleMania season that it's almost time for another round of HOF inductions. I'm not opening nominations yet, but wanted to remind everyone to start considering who to induct.

As a reminder of who is eligible... it can be any wrestler, tag team, stable, promoter, referee, commentator, etc. Wrestlers must be at least 42 years old or semi-retired to be eligible. Interpret the term semi-retired as you see fit, though I'm not sure there's anyone that's under the cutoff age that fits that criteria and would get any nominations anyways.

As far as our current inductees, the list is as follows (alphabetical):

Bret Hart
Bruno Sammartino
Dusty Rhodes
Eddie Guerrero
Great Muta
Hulk Hogan
Jushin Liger
Kurt Angle
Macho Man
Mick Foley
Owen Hart
Ric Flair
The Rock
Roddy Piper
Scott Hall
Shawn Michaels
Sting
Stone Cold
Terry Funk
Undertaker

So with that said, I encourage you to take this time between now and when nominations open to discuss candidates you wanna see get in this year. Please don't just post the exact list of people you're going to nominate though.

One of the main guys I'm pulling for this year is Vader. I suspect many will be on board with him. I'd also love if at least one of the puro greats from the glory days of King's Road/Strong Style got in. I'm talking Kobashi, Misawa, Taue, Hashimoto, Kawada, Tsuruta... Also maybe this year we induct our first group or non-wrestler?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
If we do a non wrestler, we need to do who WWE has yet to induct (might actually be their choice) and we go Cyndi Lauper. She was a huge part of the WWE during the 80s, and definitely helped get Mania off the ground.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
tiger-driver-91-o.gif
it's time @Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
If we do a non wrestler, we need to do who WWE has yet to induct (might actually be their choice) and we go Cyndi Lauper. She was a huge part of the WWE during the 80s, and definitely helped get Mania off the ground.
Bold selection. Personally I was envisioning like... Paul Heyman. Bobby Heenan. Jim Ross maybe.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Well if we're going OGs, we gotta have Toots Mondt and Strangler Lewis in there too. Without them we don't have modern pro wrestling.