• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WS Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame Discussion Thread

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Gonna throw out the name, DDP. Diamond Dallas Page. Dude did amazing to become a wrestler as late as he did. Was one of the big stars of WCW during the height of its popularity. That’s not even talking about what he’s done since retiring, helping out people like Scott Hall and Jake Roberts. Dude definitely is someone I think deserves love

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I think I'm probably gonna start throwing in the OGs like Rikidozan, El Santo, Lou Thesz, etc this year
I would like to go further back in the annals of history some. But I can't earnestly nominate a lot of dudes just on the basis of... well, ignorance :lol There are some 60s/70s wrestlers I'd ponder though, like Inoki, Harley Race and Pedro Morales.

:Cena4:

His time is now

Cena would be sick. Basically all of the RA era stars are eligible now given their age. That includes Lesnar, Batista, Triple H, Orton, Edge... lots of great options from that period.

Gonna throw out the name, DDP. Diamond Dallas Page. Dude did amazing to become a wrestler as late as he did. Was one of the big stars of WCW during the height of its popularity. That’s not even talking about what he’s done since retiring, helping out people like Scott Hall and Jake Roberts. Dude definitely is someone I think deserves love

I'm very down with that one as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
On a somewhat related note, if anyone has some good early wrestling history docs/podcasts, I'd appreciate those being sent my way

The one I'm listening to is 1000 hours from Karl Stern on WhenItWasCool, it's also on the Observer feed. It's pre-1900s mostly, he mostly just reads from newspaper databases so it can get boring and some topic requests he can't find much on but I enjoy it

Kenoh

Better Off Dead.
On a somewhat related note, if anyone has some good early wrestling history docs/podcasts, I'd appreciate those being sent my way
Any specific wrestling or just a wide vary? Either way, I might be able to help you out. I have been studying European Wrestling as of late with the main focus being on World of Sports and Catch Wrestling Association.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Any specific wrestling or just a wide vary? Either way, I might be able to help you out. I have been studying European Wrestling as of late with the main focus being on World of Sports and Catch Wrestling Association.
Nah I'm open to anything that's interesting and engaging

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
I think the best early wrestling documentary is actually "Fall Guys" by Marcus Griffin. It goes into heavy detail on the workings of wrestling from the 1930s and 40s. He got a lot of his information from Jack Pfefer, the man who exposed wrestling as a work to the New York grand jury in the mid-30s.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I think the best early wrestling documentary is actually "Fall Guys" by Marcus Griffin. It goes into heavy detail on the workings of wrestling from the 1930s and 40s. He got a lot of his information from Jack Pfefer, the man who exposed wrestling as a work to the New York grand jury in the mid-30s.

This is really good too, isnt there also a book?