Golf???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here watch or play golf??? I watch the PGA tour just about every week and when the weather permits I try to play at least once a week.... I haven't seen any other thread related to the sport and was just curious...

Ben

Reaction score
Been playing for about 12 years now and over the last 3 summers I really have become decent at it to the point I par most easy 18 hole courses. My drives still suck as I only get good placement at the expense of distance. My irons and short game is my strength just have to work on drives to take my game to the next level.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Right on Ben! I've been playing for about 18 years now, actually worked at a local course throughout high school and college at which time I played after work literally every day and was a much better player... back to playing more often now and starting to get my game back into shape.. Do you watch any golf on TV?? if so who are some of your favorites to watch?

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry boys, but Golf is not a sport, imo. It's an activity, but I can't agree with it being a sport.

I do enjoy driving ranges though. It's relaxing to whack balls.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Sorry boys, but Golf is not a sport, imo. It's an activity, but I can't agree with it being a sport.

I do enjoy driving ranges though. It's relaxing to whack balls.

I'm assuming you felt it necessary to post this because I started the thread in the Sports section of the forum.... so my question is, where would you suggest I start a thread for myself and other golf enthusiasts to discuss the game? I see I did refer to it as a sport in my original post and I'm sorry it offended you to the point you felt the need to interject...

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
NOTE: Moved this to International Sports as it truly is an international game.

I am a big golf fan, have been playing on and off for about half a dozen years now. Don't play as often as I like and I don't get out to decent par 5 courses very often. I get good distance and accuracy with my irons but have struggled on and off with woods. For whatever reason I always slice it and can manage to drive a 3 Iron further than a 3 Wood. Thankfully I have started hitting woods better in the past few months after literally not using one for about a year. I want to eventually get into playing every weekend or at least every second weekend, need to play more consistently to improve my game.

I enjoy watching golf on tv as well, some say that it is slow but if there is good coverage the time flies by because they are constantly switching holes and you are always seeing action. I am a big fan of Adam Scott and it was terrible watching him fall apart on the last four holes at The Open Championship last year. I thought that he had it in the bag but he was haunted by The Shark. Sooner or later he will win a major and hopefully it is the start of a few major wins for him as he has the talent. I am also a Sergio Garcia fan, like the way he goes about his golf and he is another that I keep hoping will get it all together and win that major that has continued to elude him. I am still a Woods fan even after his personal life fell apart, phenomenal golfer to watch.

What I love about golf is that you can never play the perfect game and that you can always do better. It is such a frustrating game at times but I always keep going back.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
NOTE: Moved this to International Sports as it truly is an international game.

I am a big golf fan, have been playing on and off for about half a dozen years now. Don't play as often as I like and I don't get out to decent par 5 courses very often. I get good distance and accuracy with my irons but have struggled on and off with woods. For whatever reason I always slice it and can manage to drive a 3 Iron further than a 3 Wood. Thankfully I have started hitting woods better in the past few months after literally not using one for about a year. I want to eventually get into playing every weekend or at least every second weekend, need to play more consistently to improve my game.

I enjoy watching golf on tv as well, some say that it is slow but if there is good coverage the time flies by because they are constantly switching holes and you are always seeing action. I am a big fan of Adam Scott and it was terrible watching him fall apart on the last four holes at The Open Championship last year. I thought that he had it in the bag but he was haunted by The Shark. Sooner or later he will win a major and hopefully it is the start of a few major wins for him as he has the talent. I am also a Sergio Garcia fan, like the way he goes about his golf and he is another that I keep hoping will get it all together and win that major that has continued to elude him. I am still a Woods fan even after his personal life fell apart, phenomenal golfer to watch.

What I love about golf is that you can never play the perfect game and that you can always do better. It is such a frustrating game at times but I always keep going back.

Thanks for switching the thread to its proper place...oversight on my part...
I'm with you on the wishing I could play more, i think everyone who really loves the game wishes they could do it more.. Always tell my wife that if we would ever hit the lottery I would golf every day for the rest of my life...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That would be the dream to be able to play as often as possible and to play all the great golf courses worldwide.

What do you think about the broomstick putter and the talks to ban it? Personally I am not a fan of the broomstick as I think it does take away some of the skill with putting, I hope that they do eventually completely ban it so that you can't lever any putter from your body.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
HUGE golf fan even though I'm really not too good. I have an awesome drive, but I can't judge distance worth shit.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I was never coordinated enough to play Golf. I always miss the damn ball when I try to put power into my stroke, but when I concentrate on hitting the ball, I go so slow the ball only goes like 5 feet. Moral of the story for me? Mini Golf. Man, I love going mini golfing, even as I get older. Its easier for me, and still just as fun.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I played golf and liked it immensely, can't watch it tho, just too damn slow to watch.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I hear ya [MENTION=71]deezy[/MENTION], I never liked watching it until I really started playing more regularly and now I watch damn near religiously both for the enjoyment of watching the best in the world do things I could never dream of doing and also to try to pick up things by watching their swings (except for Jim Furyk, I'm baffled every time he hits a green) and their approach.... Awesome to see so many guys on here that also enjoy the game!! anybody have thoughts on the final round at Scottsdale tomorrow?... Mickelson's tournament to lose or can someone like Snedeker get hot and catch him??

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I was never coordinated enough to play Golf. I always miss the damn ball when I try to put power into my stroke, but when I concentrate on hitting the ball, I go so slow the ball only goes like 5 feet. Moral of the story for me? Mini Golf. Man, I love going mini golfing, even as I get older. Its easier for me, and still just as fun.

Mini Golf is ALWAYS fun. I always play when I go to the beach. Usually inebritated or in the process of becoming that condition.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Waaaaaaay too slow paced for me. I don't mind taking an iron and whacking the fuck out of balls just to see how far and straight I can hit them, but I really couldn't hold interest long enough to play the game seriously. I used to leave the weekend morning games on in the background while I was doing other things just because I found it relaxing, but I rarely paid close attention to it, mostly just when people were trying to make long distance puts.

I DO however have an extremely-addictive 3D golf game on my cell phone that I absolutely love playing when I'm bored in public. Or when my wife drags me to someone's house.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How good was Mickelson's putt on the seventh! Too a risk putting through the long grass but he placed it perfectly and timed it perfectly, made a smart move to remove the pin before he took the shot otherwise it wouldn't have gone in.

Good to see Mickelson and Woods both opening the season with wins. Always good seeing these two guys in form, will provide a good challenge to the young guns on the course.