Golf???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I understand why Tiger gets so much attention but I refuse to accept it as an answer. I don't care how much money ESPN makes. That's like if I changed my thoughts on wrestling to incorporate the business side of things and casual fans opinions.

I also totally get the Golf Channel. There ticker is so much better but it is only for one sport. I usually don't watch the Golf Channel though because they don't get the bigger tournaments when they are live.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Do you get the Golf Channel? they have a constant ticker rolling all throughout tournaments ...... and I hear ya on Tiger, but they don't have much of a choice. I read a while back (and I don't remember the exact numbers) but their viewership almost doubles for events he is playing in... these are people that are specifically tuning in to watch him and unfortunately they kind of have to cater to those fans as the rest (like me) will watch no matter who is playing/winning
@Troy... If you remember, Rory choked on the final day of the Masters a few years back, blew like a 4 or 5 stroke lead, and everyone wondered if he could recover from that. He won the US open later that year.... So it isn't impossible to think Sergio or Scott could get over whatever issues they've had with pressure and win a major, although I think Scott is WAY more likely

Hopefully Scott can look at what Rory did and come back from it as well. It was impressive how Rory turned everything around after that shocking last round a couple years back. I agree that Scott is more likely to do it than Sergio but fingers crossed both guys can have some good wins in the coming years.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm worried Sergio already peaked. He's still pretty young but has no self confidence or drive and I really don't see him getting any better. With Scott, I see the complete opposite potential is still there and I can see him improving in the next couple of years.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Segio probably has peaked, just hoping for a lucky run for him at one of the big tournaments. You are right that he has no self confidence whatsoever, he even came out and said publically that he would never win a major because of it.

Read an article today about a 12 year old Chinese boy that is making his European tour debut this weekend. He must have a fantastic short game as I can't see how he can match the men on the drives. China only have three players in the top 650 of the rankings but have a lot of teenagers starting to hit the tour. I wonder what the tour will look like in five years time and if they can have a big impact.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I thought it would really explode when Ryo Ishikawa came on the scene, I guess it was the younger generation (although he's only like 22) that he and others influenced most and hopefully there is a wave of good young players coming from Asia... They've been pretty dominant on the Women's tour and most of the top players are very young so hopefully it also translates to the men's tour.... as we speak 22 yr old John Huh is sitting in the top 5 of the Arnold Palmer invitational and he's been consistently on or near the first page of the leaderboard.... Oh yeah and some guy named Tiger will be playing in the final group again tomorrow, ho hum.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I also read something about Sergio climbing five metres up a tree to play a shot and then immediately after the round withdrew from the tournament. It was a great recovery shot as well as it got him back onto the fairway. Should definitely check out the footage of it.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year.... opening day at the Masters..... Tiger comes in as the obvious favorite, but I am really hoping it comes down to the final holes on the final day where someone needs to make a big shot for the win

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Should be a good day tomorrow, early start here because of the time difference but I am going to try to watch at least the tail end of each day. I actually hope that Tiger can pick up the win and get another major under his belt to close in on Jack Nicklaus record. Unfortunately only four Australians in the field this year, hoping that Day and Scott can recapture that form from two years ago when they both tied for second.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Hey [MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION], Your boy Sergio tied for the lead after day 1!!! Maybe if he builds enough of a lead he can choke on Sunday and still hold on for the win! Missed most of today while working, plan on sitting on my ass watching golf ALL DAY tomorrow!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was very happy to wakeup and see that Sergio and an Australian in Leishman were leading after day one. Not counting my chickens though, a very long way to go for both guys and there is a ton of talent just behind them. Such a pity the time difference is so bad, it starts at about 1:30am here, otherwise I would watch it. Good to see the other Australians having alright starts as well.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Definitely, I could do without all his flourescent orange but Rickie is a damn good golfer and often gets left out of conversations because he's only got the one win.... If I remember correctly he had a decent run at last years Masters..... Look like Sergio is heading in the wrong direction already on day 2... Dustin johnson hits the ball a ton which is of great advantage at Augusta and how bout 53 year old Freddy Couples, that guy is a wizard or something

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bad fadeout from Segio today in tougher conditions. Fowler is another of the new generation that are taking over golf, had a good first round but dropped off yesterday. I like that two days in a row an Australian has lead the tournament, good round for Jason Day to take him to six under. Leishman and Scott are in the top ten as well, good battle with the Australians fighting near the top.

14 year old Guan managed to make the cut even after getting a penalty for time, was fair enough since he had already been warned but it would have been a shame if he has missed the cut because of that.

A lot of talk tonight about Woods possibly being DQed because of an illegal drop and signing an incorrect scorecard. Anyone see it?

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Yeah [MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION], what happened was he hit a wedge on 15 that hit the flagstick and rolled back off the green and into the water.... he took a drop 2 yards behind where he had just hit from (which is an illegal drop), made bogey on the hole and moved on... A television viewer called the PGA and said he thought Tiger had taken an illegal drop, The PGA reviewed the drop and declared there was NO infraction.... after his round Tiger incriminated himself by saying he had dropped the ball 2 yards back of the original spot.. The PGA revisited the video and met with Tiger and gave him a 2 stroke penalty off of his score... He was not DQ'd because at the time he signed his card, he had not yet been given the penalty as they originally found no infraction and therefore his card was correct... It was only after his round during his interview that they decided to take action... LOTS AND LOTS of players calling for him to withdraw despite the matter seemingly to be in accordance with protocall... People claiming that he is getting preforential treatment

Reactions: 1 person