Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Mayhem 2000: Shane Douglas v.s The Cat.

I was pretty relieved to see a traditional singles match here. That doesn't mean this was great though. It was mostly Douglas experience as he was a step ahead of the Cat for a majority of the bout. We got a comeback by Cat that was just strikes. It didn't even last long but at least had a few pin attempts. Some chicanery later The Cat wins with his loaded red slipper. Pretty average and basic stuff.

*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Mayhem 2000: Bam Bam Bigelow v.s The Wall.

A tough, short brawl. Some nice hard hittin' action while it lasted. This was supposed to be Mike Awesome and Bam Bam Bigelow but Bam Bam attacked him backstage. Well, why you want something that could be great like Bigelow/Awesome when you can have THE WALL? Histories mysteries. Still considerin' most of this show this was a highlight until the end. The Wall brings the table he brought to the ring inside only for it not to be used. I don't care if this wasn't a No DQ match, you can't do that. An unused table is a SIN in wrestling. However after Bam Bam reverses the table attempt into his Greetings From Asbury Park he collaspes. I know it's an angle for later in the show, I just find angles like this terribly disgraceful but it was after the match so it doesn't effect my rating.

*1/2

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Mayhem 2000: US TItle Match, Lance Storm v.s General Rection(c).

So Rection gets attacked beforehand by Bam Bam, yeah. We get some pretty good leg work by Storm and Rection's come back after this was alright. They battle for control and it looks like this gonna be a good match. THEN Rection sells nothing. He takes a super kick and the announcers mention a recent concussion. So the next thing that happens is Rection catches Storm with a power slam. It gets worse though. Next Rection goes up to the top rope only to be caught by Storm's valet, crotched. Storm comes up tryin' to go for a super back suplex only to be quickly thwarted. So Rection does the moonsault and almost flies completely over Storm. This match had such good pacing with Bam Bam's attack for it fall apart like this was just stupid. Never liked Bill DeMott, never will.

3/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Mayhem 2000: Jeff Jarrett v.s Buff Bagwell.

Typical singles match between two guys WCW don't want the hurt the status of. It's back and forth for a few minutes and then we get a shady finish in one guy's favor. You don't even have to watch it to know what this was gonna be exactly like. It doesn't reach any sort of level, the crowd was average. Eh, what can I really say? It's like a normal Nitro main event. This pay-per view is one of the worst booked PPVs ever. We're gettin' to the bigger matches now though... maybe they'll turn up the heat?

*1/2-*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Mayhem 2000: DDP & Kevin Nash v.s The Perfect Event(Shawn Stasiak & Sean O'Haire).

A few minutes into this match it pretty much literally stops. Nash & DDP hold down the ring from Mike Sanders' goons. After this happens Mike Sanders is showin' Ric Flair his manager's license. I swear the camera stayed on this for over a minute while the wrestlers just wait in the ring. They come back to the action and folks are just tautin' clearly to waste fuckin' time. You're wastin' my god damn time. Otherwise this was a half decent tag match to promote the division. I just don't understand waitin' for Mike Sanders. The announcers could have easily explained what was goin' on and wrestlers could you know WRESTLE. WCW overbookin' bullshit, get outta my damn face. Still as I said the action was decent.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Mayhem 2000: Lex Luger v.s Goldberg.

Before this match started Goldberg wasn't prepared for his entrance. Someone knocked on his door like they do and he pulled on the door. He had locked it from the inside. So he you see the door jiggle as he unlocks and eventually opens. Goldberg's entrance is a big part of him so this mental lapse for me was quite funny. The match was secondary after that. Luger hits Goldberg with his METAL forearm and then it's all Goldberg for about a minute and half. Goldberg speared Luger and the referee so you know Goldberg loses by DQ, right? Naw another referee comes out and counts the pinfall after a Jackhammer. Talk about protectin' your stars from your own rules.

1/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Mayhem 2000: Straight Jacket Cage Match for the WCW Title: Scott Steiner v.s Booker T(c).

Sometimes this looked great and at other times it looked just down right awful. These two knew each other well so they could put on some decent exchanges it was just at certain times they'd hit a really sloppy move or just do something to drag the match on. It wasn't even that long of a main event either. Neither person really made a claim that they should win the match. Steiner got a hold of the straight jacket and Booker T got under him for an electric chair drop. Booker then preceded to put the Straight Jacket on Steiner... but you don't win the match like that. You gotta get pinfall or submission so in my vast mind I started thinkin' "why the hell would you bother gettin' the straight jacket?" Booker loosely puts it on Steiner only for him to rip it off while Booker pretty much watches instead of takin' advantage of a prone Steiner. The match flow was just stagnant to top off an already terrible pay-per view. The logic of this match just escaped me.

*1/2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series 1992 - Elimination Match: Big Boss Man & The Legion of Doom (Road Warrior Hawk & Road Warrior Animal) vs Irwin R. Schyster & The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon)

Boss Man and IRS start this one off for their teams, and we get a pretty decent exchange with Boss Man really trying to use his speed for some reason, sliding out of the ring and running around and nonsense. IRS is able to tag in Earthquake, and he asks for Animal. Boss Man is happy to comply. Earthquake catches Animal off the rebound with ease, and hits a backbreaker, but then he misses a splash. Animal hits a nice drop kick, then a shoulder block that takes Earthquake down for a two count. IRS gets tagged back in, and Animal tags in Hawk. They start working the arm now with a little double team. IRS is able to make a comeback after an eye poke, then tags in Typhoon who just stands there awkwardly while Hawk picks up IRS and throws him at Typhoon. Typhoon catches IRS, but Hawk dropkicks them down for a two count. Boss Man and Animal then double team Typhoon in the corner while the ref is occupied with the heels and that seems backwards. Hawk then just lets Typhoon stumble to his corner to tag in Earthquake. 'Quake moves him to the corner, and IRS gets tagged back in. Hawk quickly hits a back suplex and tags in Boss Man. Boss Man hits his middle rope leg drop guillotine, then uses IRS's tie to hit him. The ref and Boss Man get distracted as Typhoon gives IRS his briefcase. IRS then cracks it over Boss Man's head to eliminate him. Animal comes in, and The Natural Disasters double team in in the corner. Earthquake hits a nice belly to belly suplex for a two count. Back in the corner, IRS gets the tag, and they double team Animal some more. IRS is sweating like crazy, he must hate wrestling in all those clothes. Typhoon gets the tag and locks in a big bearhug on Animal. Animal catches him in the corner with a boot though, then takes the big man down with a big clothesline. Hawk almost botches jumping into the ring after his tag, then takes out the whole team. IRS comes in to save Typhoon as Animal inadvertently distracted the referee. IRS goes to use the briefcase, but accidentally hits Typhoon who then gets eliminated. Earthquake then threatens IRS, and helps Typhoon up. Earthquake leaves with Typhoon and tells him that everything's going to be okay like a protective older brother :lmao Back in the ring, Hawk hits a powerslam on IRS, but then misses a spear in the corner and goes right into the steel post really hard. IRS throws Hawk outside of the ring now, and slams him into the steel steps. Jesus, IRS is drenched in sweat :lmao IRS rolls him back in now, and keeps taking it to Hawk. Hawk fights back some, and they both just run right into each other and that was awkward as fuck. Hawk hits a suplex now, then tags in Animal who hits a jumping push (?) then a powerslam. They double team IRS now, and he rolls out of the ring, and just leaves :lmao Boss Man comes out now though, and threatens IRS with his nightstick to make him get back into the ring. Hawk hits a diving clothesline and Animal pins him for the win. Yeah, that was a bad match to main event. Some solid action at times, but there were some sloppy exchanges, and meh eliminations.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The Great American Bash '92: Tag Team Title Tournament, Brian Pillman & Jushin Liger v.s Nikita Koloff & Ricky Steamboat.

Awesome, fast paced match to start off a show. Terrific opener. You got three amazing wrestlers in Pillman, Liger and Steamboat all at a seemingly good point in their careers. Steamboat being the veteran of the bunch helps too. Nikita stumbled around the ring to some lame exchanges that hurt the match but there was some odd things between Liger and Steamboat, I just chalked that up to them not really competed against each other more. Otherwise... you know, greatness. I'm pretty sure both teams were faces in the match but the competitiveness at times made it feel like anybody could have became heel for an upper hand. This was so much better than the Sanders/Kwee Wee opener because this matches not only sets the tone for a tournament but makes TITLES look like they are worth winnin'.

***1/2

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Great American Bash '92: Hiroshi Hase & Shinya Hashimoto v.s The Fabolous Freebirds(Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes).

A tough bout to keep the tournament goin'. Damn hard hittin' at times, gettin' me ready for Vader later on. However, this match just felt off for the most part. Quite a few off-balance exchanges in this which made think the timin' for everything really didn't matter as the match progressed. I enjoyed bits and pieces but the overall flow just wasn't there. Still I do enjoy a good rough match and each team really looked like they wanted to go further in the tournament. Decent effort but considerin' the talent I think they should have been able to connect better.

**1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Great American Bash '92: Rick Rude & Steve Austin v.s Dustin Rhodes & Barry Windham.

Now, I quite enjoyed this. The tournament was already goin' great and to get this match now was just genius. You got 4 guys in WCW's upper-midcard scene. You may say Austin was below that level at this time but if you rewatch these older shows he always makes himself stand out. No wonder he had such long TV and US Title reigns. Windham isn't always the superstar talent you know he can reach but in this tag match he didn't have to do everything yet he still took a long, babyface beat down that the got the crowd really behind with all the "close" calls for tags. When he finally tagged Dustin in, it was fuckin' awesome. The comeback was done beautifully and I don't think you could script it at all. Everything just looked like it fell into place and well it should when you have athletes this good in the ring with their pretty much perfect timin'. A hot back and forth ensues before a huge diving closeline on Austin as he was attemptin' to piledrive Windham. Great, great stuff. This tournament is pretty damn kick ass.

****1/4

Last edited:
Reactions: Crippler

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF This Tuesday in Texas - WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Hulk Hogan vs The Undertaker (c) (with Paul Bearer)

'Taker and Bearer meet Hogan as he comes in, but Hogan slams their heads together, and this one starts off fast. Hogan hits some punches in the corner, then rakes 'Taker's eyes. Hogan hits an inverted atomic drop, which takes 'Taker down, but he just sits right back up. Hogan goes for a slam, but 'Taker fights out of it, and this crowd is still going nuts. 'Taker keeps coming at Hogan with his hand like he's going to choke Hogan, but Hogan hits a slam which 'Taker just no-sells again. Hogan then clotheslines 'Taker over the top rope, but 'Taker lands on his feet. He gets some power from the urn before Hogan pulls him up to the apron. Hogan hits him with some shots sending him back down, so 'Taker pulls him outside now. 'Taker knocks Hogan down with some throat thrusts, then just starts choking him outside the ring. Back in the ring, 'Taker chokes Hogan some more. The ref stops it, and Hogan makes his way to his feet only for 'Taker to just choke him some more in the corner. This goes on for awhile before Hogan is able to pick him up and ram him into the opposite turnbuckle, but then 'Taker catches him with a knee as he runs at him in the corner. 'Taker then goes up top for Old School, and he walks like 5 steps before hitting it :mark: More choking what joy :side: Hogan ends up out of the ring, and pulls 'Taker out this time. 'Taker reverses and Irish whip and slams Hogan into the steel post, however, and he stays in control. 'Taker now locks on a claw hold in the ring, which is basically the same premise as his choke, the ref just can't count him out. After awhile, the ref checks Hogan's hands and he gets right up, and starts Hulking Up. Both men go to duck clotheslines that weren't thrown and run to the ropes, and I think they broke or something because 'Taker gets caught up in them and falls :lmao The ropes do look pretty loose, but the announcers say he tripped, so maybe 'Taker just fucked up. 'Taker hits his big clothesline now, taunts for like 30 seconds then tries to pin Hogan but surprisingly just gets a two count. 'Taker goes for Old School again, but Hogan pulls him down this time. 'Taker sits back up after a few seconds though, and THE REAL WORLD'S CHAMPION, Ric Flair comes out. Jack Tunney tries to stop him as Hogan fights back with 'Taker, and clotheslines him out of the ring again. Hogan takes a chair to Flair now while he was arguing with Tunney, and Flair falls on top of Tunney. Hogan rolls 'Taker back in the ring, and hits him with some strikes, but 'Taker won't go down. Flair is back up now as these two just rake each others' eyes like four times. 'Taker signals for Flair to hold the chair up, and goes to slam Hogan into it, but Hogan reverses and slams 'Taker into it, then clotheslines Flair on the apron. Hogan then hits the big boot, but 'Taker catches him with a throat thrust. Bearer tries to hit Hogan with the urn, but Hogan ducks and he hits 'Taker. Hogan then gets a handful of ashes and throws them into 'Taker's face....classy. Meanwhile, Flair has Tunney up so he saw that, then Flair rolls up 'Taker with a schoolboy to win. OVERBOOKED AS FUCK! Well half of it, the other half was just 'Taker choking Hogan. I prefer this to their Survivor Series match at least.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Great American Bash '92: Miracle Violence Connection v.s Nikita Koloff & Ricky Steamboat.

This was very awkward throughout I felt. We had some early mat work that just odd as fuck. Just lookin' like rollin' around with out holds or just weak lookin' grabs. Yeah, it involved everyone too. This was brutal and rough but it seemed like Steamboat and Koloff lost their steam much too early and didn't seem too threatening. Steamboat is usually very reliable for his endurance but after wresting a match before and some decent rib work he was either selling really well or legit wasn't in it to keep up. Koloff took a long, babyface beat down for the dah team only to tag in Steamboat who still looked really out of it. Eh, I was expectin' more but this just didn't sync up for me as much as the last match did. Still it was good showcase of the Miracle Violence Connection.

**1/2

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Great American Bash '92: Hiroshi Hase & Shinya Hashimoto v.s Dustin Rhodes & Barry Windham.

Well... I can't really say much positive about this. Windham and Rhodes, Windham especially, didn't really show up for this match. It was rather dull and nothing was really told. It was pretty much just a waste of time. You had to think this could be great... Yeah, too bad.

*3/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WCW Starrcade '91 - BattleBowl Final, 2 Ring Battle Royal: Arn Anderson vs Big Van Vader vs Bill Kazmaier vs WCW World Tag Team Champion Dustin Rhodes vs Firebreaker Chip vs Jimmy Garvin vs WCW World Light Heavyweight Champion Jushin Thunder Liger vs WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger (with Harley Race) vs Marcus Alexander Bagwell vs Mr. Hughes vs Richard Morton vs WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Rick Rude (with Paul E. Dangerously) vs WCW World Tag Team Champion Ricky Steamboat vs Ron Simmons vs Scott Steiner vs WCW World Television Champion Steve Austin vs Sting vs Thomas Rich vs Todd Champion

So the rules of this one are: First you have to throw all of the opponents into the other ring, then from that ring you eliminate them by throwing them to the floor. The winners of both rings will then try and eliminate each other. So obviously, this one just starts out crazy with everyone brawling. Anderson and Steamboat end up outside on the ramp, which is great. Kazmaier gets thrown over, but lands between the rings so he isn't out of the first ring yet :lmao Vader hits a big shot on Steamboat and they're on the ramp now. Vader hits a scoop slam on the ramp, but then misses a big splash. Vader ends up putting Steamboat up in a military press and just throws him onto the ramp :mark: Rhodes and Anderson are outside of the ring brawling now too, but they get back in pretty quick. Rich gets thrown into the second ring, and he's the first one over there. Sting finds Luger and takes it to him to a huge pop from the crowd. Bagwell gets sent over to the second ring by Morton. Dangerously jumps on commentary and trolls JR who trolls him right back :lmao Mr. Hughes powers Chip over the top onto Bagwell into the second ring. Morton throws Liger into the second ring and just follows him like a dumbass. Liger is on fire in this second ring against Morton. They both end up going over the top rope though while they were brawling, so they're both out. Vader and Rhodes are brawling outside the ring now, and I didn't see how but all of a sudden I just see Hughes fly over the top rope to ring two :lmao Rich got thrown over the top, and meanwhile Steamboat and Anderson are now in ring number two. Garvin gets thrown over and Champion follows him WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU VOLUNTARILY GET IN RING NUMBER TWO! Austin and Steiner get thrown over to ring two as Garvin gets eliminated from the match. Abdullah and Kazmaier are in ring number two now, along with Simmons who misses a shoulder block and flew over. Rhodes did basically the same thing as Sting and Rude go crazy with each other and both end up over the top rope into ring number two. The crowd went crazy for that. Vader and Luger are the only two left in ring number one. Chip is out, oh well. Luger hits a clothesline on Vader to send him to ring number two, but man that was sloppy. Abdullah, Kazmaier, and Champion get eliminated around the same time. Oh we get three different camera angles at one time now, because I can follow that. Austin is able to eliminate Rhodes as Simmons and Hughes eliminate each other. Anderson and Bagwell go out as well and OH SHIT STEAMBOAT ELIMINATES VADER :mark: Steiner is out now too, these guys are dropping like flies now. Sting, Steamboat, Rude, and Austin are left in ring two. We still have these three camera angles for some reason, this is terrible. Rude accidentally eliminates Austin. Steamboat skins the cat, and pulls Rude over, but then Rude pulls Steamboat out. Rude comes back in and hits the Rude Awakening on Sting illegally. So now it's Sting/Luger left, but Sting has taken a beating all night. Luger easily takes it to Sting with a big clothesline. He taunts a lot now, then hits a reverse atomic drop. Luger taunts some more as Schiavone compares this to the NCAA Tournament. Luger throws Sting through the middle rope, and Race goes for a cheap shot, but Sting counters him and hits a scoop slam on the ramp. Luger comes out now and just throws Sting off the ramp onto the rail. Sting blocks a shot now though and rams Luger into the railing a few times. Back in the ring, Sting goes after Luger and the crowd is pretty hot for this. Sting just starts rubbing Luger's face into the mat now, then sets Luger up on the turnbuckle. Race comes back in the ring now, and Sting suplexes him, then keeps after Luger with more gut kicks, but he misses the Stinger Splash and almost goes over the top rope. Luger goes to throw him over now, but Sting holds on without Luger knowing, and the crowd goes nuts as Sting starts throwing strikes, does some weird dance, then hits a bulldog. Sting hits a clothesline, but Luger holds on, so Sting gets a running start to push him over and win. I had to sit through two hours of shit just to get to this. It was entertaining, but this gimmick killed Starrcade for two years.