WWE on A&E discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A new A&E series featuring WWE legend "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is set to bow in April, according to Wrestlenomics' Brandon Thurston.

The series is called "Stone Cold Takes on America" and will start on Sunday, April 9th for a ten-week run through Sunday, June 11th.

While the premise is unknown, images and video of Austin working at a fast food restaurant drive-thru and working as a meteorologist began circulating around social media in mid-January:

Wrestlenomics also reported the tentative order and dates for the next six episodes of Biography: WWE Legends on A&E.
  • Sunday, February 19: The NWO
  • Sunday, February 26: Jake "The Snake" Roberts
  • Sunday, March 5: Chyna
  • Sunday, March 12: Kane
  • Sunday, March 19: Iron Sheik
  • Sunday, March 26: Dusty Rhodes
They also reported the following schedule for new episodes of WWE Rivals that will follow the Biography shows.
  • Sunday, February 19: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant
  • Sunday, February 26: Undertaker vs. Mankind
  • Sunday, March 5: The Rock vs. John Cena
  • Sunday, March 12: Triple H vs. Batista
  • Sunday, March 19: Lita vs. Trish Stratus
  • Sunday, March 26: Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
  • Sunday, April 9: Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart
  • Sunday April 16: Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels
There will be no new episode on the Sunday of WrestleMania.

Following the run of the latest WWE Rivals series, WWE Most Wanted Treasure will return, kicking off with Austin on Sunday, April 23rd and Degeneration X on Sunday, April 30th.

Focuses on Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Goldberg, the Samoan dynasty and Kurt Angle will follow through Sunday, June 11th with the order not yet determined.

• Haha
Reactions: Dale

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Today's forceast, cloudy with a high chance of a can of whoop ass being opened

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I saw the clip of him working at a random ass drive thru too lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So he’s gonna work random jobs? That’s the gimmick of the show lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sunday night's season premiere of Biography: WWE Legends, which was focused on the nWo, averaged 495,000 viewers on A&E. That's up 28.6 percent from the final episode of last season and is the best viewership for the show since August 14 of last year.

In terms of viewership, the nWo Biography would have ranked fifth out of nine episodes last season.

Going head-to-head with the NBA All-Star Game, Biography finished 25th on the cable charts with a 0.15 rating in the 18-49 demo. That's more than double the season finale from last year and matches the best rating for the show since August 7.

Last year's season of Biography averaged 496,000 viewers and a 0.13 rating in 18-49.

WWE Rivals, which aired on A&E after Biography, highlighting the feud between Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant, averaged 444,000 viewers. It's the second-highest audience total in the history of the series.

Rivals finished 27th on the cable charts with a 0.14 rating in the 18-49 demo. That's the third-highest number in the show's history and nearly tripled the rating that last season's finale drew. Rivals averaged 370,000 viewers and a 0.11 in 18-49 over the first season.

Listed below are the viewership totals and 18-49 demo ratings for all episodes of Biography: WWE Legends and WWE Rivals to date:

ae.jpg

rivals.jpg

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
It’s just hit me that Steph Vs Brie Bella was their season finale last season and that’s hilarious. Shocked it got such a low rating, everyone LOVED that feud.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It’s just hit me that Steph Vs Brie Bella was their season finale last season and that’s hilarious. Shocked it got such a low rating, everyone LOVED that feud.
To be fair they probably wanted to do Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority but Dnaiel Bryan had to go over to AEW.

• Love
Reactions: #Waddles

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Jake Roberts Biography has been good so far. But I really can't wait for when they do one that doesn't have a shit-ton of fucked up shit happen to them.

Reactions: #Waddles

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Jake Roberts Biography is ever so raw and real for sure. I know what it means to see a Family Member slowly be destroyed through Alcohol and Drug Abuse. I would say for anyone here on Smarks or in general please get help don't be afraid to talk to someone when in need.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sunday night's episode of Biography: WWE Legends, focused on Jake "The Snake" Roberts, averaged 453,000 viewers on A&E. That's down 8.5 percent from last week's season premiere but is still tied for the second-highest viewership total of the last five episodes that have aired.

Biography finished 25th on the cable charts with a 0.12 rating in the 18-49 demo. That's down 20 percent from last week but is also tied for the second highest of the last five airings of the show.

WWE Rivals, which spotlighted the Undertaker vs Mankind feud, averaged 421,000 viewers airing immediately after Biography. That's down 5.2 percent from last week and was the fifth-highest viewership in the history of the show.

A notable aspect to this week's ratings was that Rivals finished ahead of Biography in the 18-49 demo. Rivals ranked 23rd on the cable charts with the same 0.12 rating as Biography but with slightly more viewers in that category.

Rival's was down 14.3 percent from last week in 18-49. It's also the fifth-best rating in the history of the show.

Listed below are the overall viewership numbers and 18-49 demo ratings for each episode of Biography: WWE Legends and WWE Rivals to date:

ae.jpg

rivals.jpg

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
With some of these biographies I'm like "What don't I already know". Especially when it comes to guys like Flair and Bret. Their stories have been told so many times already. I don't usually get to watch these but I did watch them last weekend and I really enjoyed the Undertaker vs Mankind. Was kinda hoping for more from Undertaker vs Kane, especially with the creation of Kane and Glen Jacobs being chosen to be Kane.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sunday night's Biography: WWE Legends, focused on Chyna, averaged 481,000 viewers on A&E. That's up 6.2 percent from last week and is the second-highest viewership total of the last seven airings of the show.

In the 18-49 demo, Biography finished 20th on the cable charts with a 0.14 rating. That's up 16.7 percent from last week and is also the second-highest rating of the last seven episodes.

WWE Rivals, which aired on A&E immediately after Biography, averaged 387,000 viewers for the episode highlighting the feud between John Cena and The Rock. That's down 8.1 percent from last week and is the lowest audience for the current season.

Rivals finished 27th on the cable charts with a 0.12 rating in 18-49. That's tied with last week for the fifth-highest rating in the history of the show.

Listed below are the overall viewership totals and 18-49 demo ratings for every episode of Biography: WWE Legends and WWE Rivals that have aired to date:

ae.jpg

rivals.jpg

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Guess I'll be switching to Hulu for my live tv since it has A&E and YouTube doesn't

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sunday night's episode of Biography: WWE Legends, focused on Kane, averaged 383,000 viewers on A&E. That's down 20.3 percent from last week and is the lowest viewership total of the 21 episodes that have aired in the series.

Biography finished 33rd on the cable charts with a 0.13 rating in the 18-49 demo. That's down 7.1 percent from last week but is the third-highest rating of the last seven episodes that have aired.

The show went head-to-head with the Oscars on ABC, which averaged nearly 19 million viewers to top all of television.

WWE Rivals, highlighting the feud between Triple H and Batista, averaged 287,000 viewers immediately following Biography. That's the second-lowest audience in the history of the show and is down 25.8 percent from last week.

Rivals finished 53rd on the cable charts with a 0.09 rating in 18-49. That's down 25 percent from last week and ties the third-lowest rating in series history.

Listed below are the overall viewership numbers and 18-49 demo ratings for each episode of Rivals and Biography that have aired to date:

ae.jpg

rivals.jpg