Would You Watch AEW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I’ll watch it for a bit to see how it goes. If it’s as entertaining, and obviously if it’s more entertaining than WWE, I’ll make the jump. WWE has been like eating stale corn flakes for years: it’s bitter and tasteless. I need something different and exciting.

They should be able to give Vince a real run for his money. Hopefully it’ll bring out Vince’s best like it did in the attitude era.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
And AEW has Jimmy Havoc.

PAPER CUTS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Crash

Reaction score

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I think the main thing that would turn me off from watching AEW, is them pandering to the LGBTQ/PC crowd. They are already doing it...

All Elite takes big step toward changing the world with LGBTQ roster additions

Look I have nothing against gay/trans/whatever sexuality you have, I just don't like it being shoved down our throats on every tv show, news, media or sports.

Ima stop you right there. They did NOT in anyway shove it down people's throats. The media perhaps made a big deal of it, but they did not advertise in any way, shape or form, that Sonny Kiss was gay (I mean it is obvious with him, but they didn't go out of their way to say it) nor did they announce Nyla Rose as Trans Female. They are doing it right in that they aren't making it a big deal. They are just like anyone else on the roster and if they are talented, then regardless of sexuality, gender, etc, then they are worth signing. Sonny Kiss in Lucha Underground, from what I saw of him, he's talented. So he is worth signing in that regard. Then Nyla, I have not seen her stuff, so I will judge her talent when I see her in a match.

So, at least not right now, they aren't "shoving it down people's throats." If they mention it in passing occasionally but highlight other aspects about them, then it is not shoving it down your throats. If they mention it every waking second, using the word "historic" every other second (Hi WWE) and that you should only like them for being LGBTQ, then yes, it wouls be shoving it down your throats. But if by merely signing more than one person who is LGBTQ is "shoving it down your throat" then you may be the one who is oversensitive.

Crash

Reaction score
Ima stop you right there. They did NOT in anyway shove it down people's throats. The media perhaps made a big deal of it, but they did not advertise in any way, shape or form, that Sonny Kiss was gay (I mean it is obvious with him, but they didn't go out of their way to say it) nor did they announce Nyla Rose as Trans Female. They are doing it right in that they aren't making it a big deal. They are just like anyone else on the roster and if they are talented, then regardless of sexuality, gender, etc, then they are worth signing. Sonny Kiss in Lucha Underground, from what I saw of him, he's talented. So he is worth signing in that regard. Then Nyla, I have not seen her stuff, so I will judge her talent when I see her in a match.

So, at least not right now, they aren't "shoving it down people's throats." If they mention it in passing occasionally but highlight other aspects about them, then it is not shoving it down your throats. If they mention it every waking second, using the word "historic" every other second (Hi WWE) and that you should only lile them for being LGBTQ, then yes, it wouls be shoving it down your throats. But if by merely signing more than one person who is LGBTQ is "shoving it down your throat" then you may be the one who is oversensitive.

"But if by merely signing more than one person who is LGBTQ is "shoving it down your throat" then you may be the one who is oversensitive"

Okay, first of all, I have never said that. You just made that assumption and I really don't like when people do that. Secondly, I'm sorry if my post probably wasn't clear enough and it may have sounded like I was taking a shot at the LGBTQ, that was not the case. My point was just that I think they may have signed Nyla Rose because she is trans more than for her skills, but that's just how I view the situation. We'll see how she does and I might be wrong.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
"But if by merely signing more than one person who is LGBTQ is "shoving it down your throat" then you may be the one who is oversensitive"

Okay, first of all, I have never said that. You just made that assumption and I really don't like when people do that. Secondly, I'm sorry if my post probably wasn't clear enough and it may have sounded like I was taking a shot at the LGBTQ, that was not the case. My point was just that I think they may have signed Nyla Rose because she is trans more than for her skills, but that's just how I view the situation. We'll see how she does and I might be wrong.

The assumption to be honest, was more a general shot at people who actually were throwing a hissy fit over it, so if it came off as being against you, sorry. But overall there is no issue in signing her yet. I get she's an unknown but as I said as well, I will see her when she is in the ring. Regardless, I think her being larger builds a different dynamic for their women's division of that powerhouse. Sure, Nia is not the best example, but remembet how Awesome Kong was a big asset to the TNA Knockouts division? If Nyla can carry herself well, then she may give that division that helpful layer. If she is shit, then she is shit and they either need to see where she needs to improve and work with her, or find someone else to fill that role.

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If she is shit, then she is shit and they either need to see where she needs to improve and work with her, or find someone else to fill that role.
Nyla isn't that great, in my opinion. She is wrestles like Nia and just looks very awkward. So hopefully AEW helps her get better, but they should have signed Candy Lee, honestly.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Nyla isn't that great, in my opinion. She is wrestles like Nia and just looks very awkward. So hopefully AEW helps her get better, but they should have signed Candy Lee, honestly.

If there is a bright side, the roster around her may help highlight her and can be an environment to help her improve. But I wish her the best. Maybe she'll pull a sudden five-star match outta nowhere? IDK

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If there is a bright side, the roster around her may help highlight her and can be an environment to help her improve. But I wish her the best. Maybe she'll pull a sudden five-star match outta nowhere? IDK
Maybe, but that all depends on the talent and if they are willing to help and if she is willing to be helped, you know. I highly doubt she can do a five-star match, but it is thoughtful.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Maybe, but that all depends on the talent and if they are willing to help and if she is willing to be helped, you know. I highly doubt she can do a five-star match, but it is thoughtful.

I doubt it, but you get what I mean XD

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think the main thing that would turn me off from watching AEW, is them pandering to the LGBTQ/PC crowd. They are already doing it...

Look I have nothing against gay/trans/whatever sexuality you have, I just don't like it being shoved down our throats on every tv show, news, media or sports.

Inclusiveness is the reality thay we live in now whether u like it or not. The era we live in now will be historically looked back in time as the beginning of the womens era of wrestling. WWE changed the game and competitors have to keep with it

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

Give them a shot, if they suck oh well its not like WWE has used crap (and still does- Tamina, Nia etc).

Either get rid of them or find something they can do or use them in storylines, just don't present them as a big deal.

I like Sonya Deville, she is a lesbian but they have barely mentioned on air (social media IDK).

Trans women in wrestling isn't a big a deal as trans women in some other sports like cycling which caused an issue here.

AEW is gonna have to sign some newbs, they need somewhere to learn the stars need bait to prey on. 2-5 years down the tarck if they're good they go up the card.

Unsigned women are very thin on the ground. Unsigned women who are good are even smaller. Hopefully AEW/NJPW/Impact/RoH work together to some extent, Kenny can still perform for NJPW for example, presumably the others might need permission.

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
As far as it being "garbage" MSG will probably sell out for them.

If their brand follows their fashion, I easily see this brand becoming an entertaining less serious throwback to the lets give them a show days
Are they gonna replace WWE? Hell No.
But they're going to be fun to watch.

And its not fair to trash McMahon, if anything he is a stabilizing force that keeps The best Sports Entertainment show on Earth from going overboard.

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
Biggest angles ever in WWF were basically 3 or 4 guys. VInce, Pat Patterson, Bruce Pritchard and a few others did most of the big ones like the Megapowers imploding. Smaller creative team with 30 or 40 wrestlers is all you really need.

every brand has multiple angles, and when healthy most WWE shows are very deep in talent. The only one I'm not sure about is 205 but people used to say that about other shows. you do raise a good point however.