Would You Watch AEW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crash

Reaction score
Inclusiveness is the reality thay we live in now whether u like it or not. The era we live in now will be historically looked back in time as the beginning of the womens era of wrestling. WWE changed the game and competitors have to keep with it

I respectfully disagree with everything you said, but I won't go into details since we are getting off topic.

Lux

Jobber
Reaction score
Women's Era of wrestling, didn't that happen some time before the discovery of fire?

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
"If not us, then who? and if not now, then when?"

They are in an incredible position, a great roster, the right mindset, the right place the right time, its like the stars have alligned in just the right way, all they have the do is execute.

Ya know i found myself curious as to why so many people think it wont be good, or it will fail or never get off the ground, and its been surprising to me, espacially as ive watched all the episodes to Road to Double or Nothing, and how Cody Kenny and the Bucks got a great thing going so far, why wouldnt people want them to succeed? and why dont think think they will succeed? look at All In and how great that was, look at the roster, they even got Chris Jericho who has been amazing as of late, they got good ol JR on commentary, Tony Khan himself seems like such a cool guy who loves wrestleing just as much as we do.

And then it hit me, perhaps people are so burned by WWE its hard to have faith in anyone else being as good or better. Or perhaps they are setting their expectations low so that, regardless it will surpass them and be what we all hoped it would be.

Double or Nothing wont be a perfect show, but i have a feeling it will be a great show, and if WWE is the standered they got to surpass? lets be honest, that bar is about as low as you can get, espacially recently.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I can vaguely remmeber NWA and AWA although only saw a few VHS videos. WCW was good at once, the odd TNA/Impact match is on youtube some of them are good, Double or Nothing was apparently good (haven't seen it).

Long story short you can have good wrestling without WWE.

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I actually just watched Double of Nothing now and I have to say that reminded me of why I love wrestling. I mean, seriously, I was starting to wonder if it was just me. I grew up on wrestling. I stopped watching it when I got into a relationship with someone who didn't care for it. Years later when I moved in with my brother I was excited to get back into it. It was actually good and exciting at that point and then all of a sudden the guys I liked were all out for various reasons, they moved RAW up to three hours and it just became a chore to watch. Over the years I started playing on my phone while "watching" it. Eventually I'd just go do other stuff and say, "tell me if anything good happens," and rarely was that the case. I pretty much stopped watching again and I hate that.

Then my brother tells me about this PPV. It sounds pretty good so I give it a watch and holy crap. I actually pay attention to every match. I don't even know most of these guys or the stories behind anything (and I love the stories) but it was exciting, fun, and very well made. Also, JIM ROSS. It was very much like old times and I LOVED hearing him again.

So my answer is definitely yes. I hope it maintains this level of awesomeness so that I can get my love of wrestling back.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Hey, my sister knows what she's talking about. During our childhoods, we had two things that helped us. One was our love for stuffed animals. The other was our love for pro wrestling. Even Hulk Hogan gave us hope because he made us believe there was always a hero.

Don't question her on wrestling. She knows more than most of you.

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Both Jerry and my late brother tried to make my sister look stupid. They never succeeded. @EvilBlackCat is the most intelligent friend I have ever know.